Purees anyone?

michellebrad
on 3/9/14 12:03 pm - Eastlake, OH

Okay, today is my first real day of pureed foods, and I need help.  What did/do you all do for puree recipes?  I'm a bit lost because I just really don't know what to eat.  Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tonight, I pureed some chicken with a bit of light ranch dressing and some chicken broth to make it the right consistency (applesauce texture is what my doc says) but I'm not sure what to have for breakfast!  Now, all the "rules" start, so I want to be able to enjoy a breakfast, but I have NO idea what to make!  Lunch and dinner I guess I could just puree chicken/beef or whatever but breakfast is a whole other matter. 

Thanks everyone!

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

mollz007
on 3/9/14 12:10 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

During the puree stage, I really loved greek yogurt (still eat it almost every day), oatmeal, any kind of soup (if it was chunky I'd just put it in the blender,) sugar free pudding, and applesauce. Good luck!

check out my blog!

marinaki2004
on 3/9/14 1:13 pm
VSG on 02/19/14

Hello, i just entered the puree stage as well and i have found that eggs make for a good breakfast, they have protein too...I hard boil them and then puree them with a little light mayo, basically egg salad.

trinoc
on 3/9/14 1:36 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I did this, too.

Also, soft scrambled and soft boiled were allowed in my pureed diet...if they are in yours, you might try them, too. 

Some people have a very hard time with eggs.  They sit heavy with me...I'm almost 8 weeks out and still can't typically eat a whole one...but for some people they weren't tolerable at all. 

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Sasny
on 3/9/14 1:59 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

I blended early out cottage cheese, egg salad, and ricotta cheese.  The ricotta cheese can taste very yummy with a little Splenda and vanilla.  I stayed away from empty carbs such as apple sauce and puddings because they did nit have much nutritional value.  Early out when able to eat very little I tried to make sure everything I ate had protien. 

For lunch I ate the same things plus puréed chicken salad and puréed meatballs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views