Introduction

timeslipzwife
on 3/9/14 3:23 pm

Hi my name is Carol. I have been gleaning information from this web site for a few days. It is so very helpful.  My surgery is coming up this Friday, March 14th. I am very excited about it.  I've opted to keep it to myself except for a very few family members and a couple of friends who I know will be encouraging, honest and in prayer for me. (so it is really nice to come here and read and ask questions) I have heard of a lot of people having issues with people having negative, discouraging things to say either about their decision, or their weight loss, which scares me more than the surgery itself, ha ha.

Right now I am 230 lbs having lost 10 lbs since starting the high protein diet almost seven days ago (most of it being water weight')....but still pretty cool. I have really bad knees and high blood pressure and six kids I want to be around for, and I am so hoping that the losing of the weight will help in correcting these issues and allow me to be around for my kiddies longer.  I look forward to reading more of your journeys, questions and answers, and encouraging words.

Tracy D.
on 3/10/14 1:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome, Carol!  Best of luck to you on the surgery Friday.  We'll be waiting for you on the loser's bench! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

megan.sherman
on 3/10/14 1:55 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Best of luck to you.  My surgery is Monday the 17th so we will be recovering and learning together!

Melody2
on 3/10/14 3:39 am
VSG on 04/10/13

Welcome!  Great to have you join us.  Let us know if you have questions.  Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recover.

timeslipzwife
on 3/11/14 6:01 am

Hi ladies, thank you so much. I am so glad to be here.  I feel very encouraged by your welcomes already. I am sure I will have many questions as time gets closer and after the fact, so thank you for that.  Oh I do have one, where do I get the little tracker from?

Great news:    I just found out today that my inpatient hospital portion which was going to be the most expensive part, will be all paid for.  I thought I had a copay of around $2,500 but they said they spoke to the insurance and they said I had zero to pay.  I did a little jig I must admit.   God does the most amazing things.  I'm sure that when the doc. and anesthesiologist bill me, I can make payments but the hospital was going to want theirs up front. So a definite praise.

Megan, I will be praying for your surgery too.  I hope it all goes well. I would love to know how it all goes.  We can courage each other as we go through the bad the ugly and then finally the good.

Have a great day ladies.

timeslipzwife
on 3/16/14 1:20 am

I'm home as of last night. I'm feeling pretty good. If I'm sitting still I have no pain.trying to change positions hurts a bit though, but for me not enough take the narcotics they prescribed. Going to do some walking in a few to see if I can pass some gases. Can't drink much, but I am trying to get in all of my water and protein slowly. I'm praying for the 17 th.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views