New- Surgery soon

tansey90
on 3/10/14 5:21 am

Hi there, just want to introduce myself.   I have been lurking for awhile and figured I should stop living in the background!  Anyway, my journey to my surgery (scheduled for March 24) has kind of been a whirlwind but I am ready for my new healthy life to start.  I have been diagnosed pre-diabetic for awhile but since my last blood sugar test came back at 148 the other day, I am sure I'd now be on diabetic medicine if I wasn't headed for the operating room in a couple weeks.  Hope to avoid that issue and get off at least one of the BP meds I take. 

I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area and love to sail with my husband on our 47' sailboat.  I am so looking forward to shedding some of the extra padding to have even more fun.  

Thanks for reading. 

carrie054
on 3/10/14 5:43 am

Congrats on beginning a wonderful journey!  I am so jealous, we are from Annapolis and dream (someday....when my kids aren't SO little) of having a sailboat. 

I'm only 6 weeks out and already off my BP medication, so you can get there!  :)

VSG on 1/28/14

M1 -24 lbs  M2 -11  M3 -14 M4 -6 lb(total loss:  55)

HW:  297  SW:  279 CW:  224

Tenacious88
on 3/10/14 6:52 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Diabetic no more after VSG surgery, on Feb 5, 2014. The next step is to get off all Blood pressure pills, only taking two pills now. Go for it, you’ll do fine. 

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Jennifer E.
on 3/10/14 6:55 am

Welcome!  My surgery is on the 17th and like you said, it's been a whirlwind of a process!  Good luck and stay in touch on here!  I am new too and find it quite helpful.

Jennifer:  HW:  252     SW: 244.   CW:  168

Surgery Date:  3/17/14

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views