10 Months - With Pics!

Tracy D.
on 3/12/14 12:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Sandy!   I'm looking forward to wearing my first pair of white pants this summer since....well, I can't remember how long it's been since I wore white pants - lol!   Probably a good 25 years or so.  

You look wonderful! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sandy M.
on 3/12/14 12:43 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I know, right?  It was a scary thing for me to wear them out in public the first time!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

jameas
on 3/12/14 12:46 am

Good ob wow! I am 9 months out from VSG and I have plateau for the last 2 months I am terrified, do you remember that feeling? So i eat 1000 cal  a day ad i am not moving due to knee problems I am feeling so stuck, any advise I am actually as of last week beginning to gain so scared so getting discouraged ARG this fight

Sandy M.
on 3/12/14 1:06 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I do remember that feeling, having plateaued from November though January.  When I was honest with myself, I realized it was my own doing.  I had gone back to eating more carbs, and not the good kind; we're talking popcorn, chips, candy bars, and fast food.  I had stopped logging my food because, frankly, I was ashamed.

So end of January, I threw out the junk and detoxed from carbs again.  Those two days saw me pacing the floor wanting to eat badly!  Then the cravings went away; at least for most of the day.  I started logging my food on MyFitnessPal again, focusing on 800 calories, and 60-80 grams protein.  I also made sure I was getting 10-14 glasses of water every day.  

And guess what - it works.  Being so close to goal the weight loss has slowed way down, but I'm still losing about 1.2 pounds a week, which is fine with me.  It took me a lifetime to put the weight on after all.

So my advice?  Be honest with yourself, log your food and water, check your protein intake, and start working on strengthening your leg muscles, which will support your knees and hips.  Dump the carbs and start over again - you know what to do!  This journey isn't just about weight loss - it's about being self aware.  It's easy to make excuses in your head, and after a while even you believe them.  It's painful to look at the truth sometimes.  Just like when you've been unkind to someone unjustly - how bad do you feel?  And yet we can be unkind to ourselves constantly and make excuses about how we are justified in doing so.

So pick yourself up, be kind to yourself, and do better if you're not doing what you should.  Your future is bright if you only open your eyes to it!

jameas
on 3/13/14 1:54 pm

Great advice thank you thank you thank you!

LosingSarah
on 3/12/14 3:35 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats!! You look great!  

I am so jealous of your warm weather. It's starting to get warmer up her, but that just means above freezing here and there, ha! It's supposed to be almost 50 tomorrow! I'm going to spend a bunch of time outside. I suppose by the time you make your way back up here it's nice & toasty :)

Sandy M.
on 3/12/14 4:06 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Sarah, I move up as soon as the campground tells me the water is on...sometimes before!  Official date is May 1st, but I've gone 10 days early before and hauled water for the toilets.  That's how much I love the area!  I'm hoping ya'll get a heat wave and I can be there for Easter this year, which is April 20th.

LosingSarah
on 3/12/14 4:25 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yeah, this winter has been really rough, even for northern Minnesota. Extra cold more often and lots of snow. I have been ready for warm weather since January! I hope you make it up early. While this winter was hard to love love the area, too.

lmcintyre85
on 3/12/14 4:29 am
VSG on 01/15/14

Congrats

Sandy M.
on 3/12/14 4:31 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain