10 Months - With Pics!

mpafford
on 3/12/14 4:34 am - TX

Awesome job Sandy. I too went from LB to Sleeve. Had mine 9-10-13. I have only lost around 28-30 lbs and so disappointed. Not sure what is the problem. I am also from Ft. Worth. Who was your surgeon? Dr. Kim was mine.

Montie

Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
Sandy M.
on 3/12/14 5:45 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Hi Montie - I do live in Fort Worth, but spend my summers in Minnesota an hour from Fargo, ND, so I had it done there so I could do the post-op visits easier.  

Honestly, I stalled this winter big time - winter blues, going back to slider foods, too many carbs, you name it.  I was finally honest with myself, detoxed from the carbs, starting logging my food again, upping my protein and water, and I started losing again.  The closer you get to goal the slower the loss is, but I'm still managing about 1.2 pounds per week.  This time I'm not going to slack up until I hit maintenance!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

jameas
on 3/12/14 11:56 pm

Thanks Sandy, so you had a plateau as well that long? Thank God I am not he only one, what did you cut back to food wise i am going back to all protein first rule that  is helping and I did start eating popcorn with butter at night, but it is the only fat i am getting in, last 2 days have been better and my NUT is calling and we are going to review my food choices, so whats your fat intake protein intake carbs and cal per day what did I leave out? I so so so appreciate your feed back, I have had 3 months of greiving as well wih family i KNOW that s factoring in. The battle ragge but i MUST get back to the losing and ME!

Sandy M.
on 3/13/14 12:33 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Popcorn was one thing I had to eliminate to start the loss again.  On a typical day, my protein is around 55 grams, with carbs around 30 grams.  This is what works for me - you need to figure out what works for you.

My go-to foods are Dannon Light & Fit Greek, Premier Protein RTD, or a poached or scrambled egg with chives for breakfast.  Lunch and dinner I have several favorites.  Campbell's makes a slow cooker sauce for Moroccan Chicken, which with the chicken added is about 145 calories and 27 grams of protein per serving (5 carbs).  Also Crack Slaw, which there are several recipes for, but I'll give you mine below.  Mess with the ingredients to get just the flavor you want - this recipe is about 168 calories per serving!  Snacks, if I need them are usually Frigo String Cheese or a handful of Sunflower seeds.  

Last advice - figure out your trigger foods.  These are foods that you will pace the floor if you don't have them readily at hand.  Mine were Doritos and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.  I had to detox from them and carbs completely for a couple of days before I felt in control again.  I know that if I have just one now I'll slide into a carb binge that could last for months (which is exactly what I did this winter).

1 pound breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean's)

1 pound ground chuck (you'll be draining the oil, so the extra fat won't hurt)

2 T. Sesame Oil

Cole slaw mix, or grated cabbage, about 8 cups (you can buy this ready made at the store; broccoli slaw is a great addition too)

Sliced mushrooms, one container

1 bunch green onions, chopped

1 t. grated fresh ginger (keep the whole ginger root in your freezer - it keeps forever)

2 or more cloves fresh garlic, chopped

2 T. Soy Sauce

1 t. Sriracha sauce

1/4 c. Rice Wine Vinegar

2 T. Hoisin Sauce

Cook the sausage and hamburger until no pink remains.  Remove from heat and drain the oil with a colander.  

In the same pan or a wok, add 1 T. Sesame oil and cook mushrooms for a few minutes over medium high heat. Add the cabbage, green onions, garlic, ginger and any other veggies you want to the pan.  Cover and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.  When the veggies get to the desired texture, add the soy, Sriracha, hoisin, vinegar, and 1 T. Sesame oil to the mix.  Add the meat back in and warm up.

Good luck to you - remember that it's a learning process, with YOU as the teacher.  It's up to you to understand nutrition labels and figure out what makes you feel the very best that you can!

4jessie
on 3/13/14 12:06 am

Wow you look amazing! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story, for someone who has yet to have the surgery (next week) it gives me such inspiration!

Sandy M.
on 3/13/14 1:47 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good luck with your surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op