9 month stats: scale disappointment, measuring tape love, messages from the universe

VSG on 06/12/13

I so appreciate your perspective and I'm glad we're friends. Thanks for opining here.

To your point re: timing, I have removed expectations/due dates from this equation. I'm going to get to that goal. As long as I keep working my plan, doing what I'm supposed to, I will get there eventually. That felt good to get that pressure off my back. My next surgeon visit is 6/19 and he said he expected me to be at/near goal by then. I suppose I have met his expectations, huh?

I know that I can control body fat percentage through diet and exercise. I'm really thinking that the majority of what's left remains on my abdomen and upper thighs. Upper body and legs below upper thighs are skinny, not really anything else there to come off.

I figure this is what normies have fought all their life, right?

So, I will keep on keeping on, doing what I know is right/what needs to be done. My upper arms are becoming tolerable again (or maybe since it's getting warmer here and I'm wearing short/sleeveless shirts more I am becoming acclimated to them?) so I have hope that the rest will happen, as well.

For a number of mental and emotional reasons I REALLY do want to get those last 4 off, but I also don't want to sacrifice health and muscles for the sake of doing it. And, if I can't? I suspect it will happen when/if I have plastics to get rid of this flab.

It's a fascinating journey, isn't it?

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

G5x5
on 3/12/14 3:33 am - VA

Interior body fat - I didn't take much notice of this originally but have lately as I watched the scale, mirror and BF%.

I keep hoping the abdomen will keep shrinking, but I'm prepared if it doesn't.  It's just so dang slow to show up at this end of the spectrum.

I too have been chasing the 0.01% LOL

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

TexasTerritory
on 3/12/14 4:43 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Just wanted to share that I am available for your trip to Paris ~~ I could scout out appropriate food choices for you~~ like a VSG-coach~~that way you could really focus on enjoying your travels.😊

Congrats on being so close to your goal.

Shagdoll
on 3/12/14 7:08 am

Laurie, you look amazing!  I just had to check out your profile photos and seeing your pics made me smile!  You look sooo small in the best way!  You did a fantastic job!!  Have fun in Paris!  Celebrate your success by having a great time.  Like Tracy said, please share some more pics with us!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Sasny
on 3/12/14 2:14 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

Love the new avatar.  I just looked at the pics on your profile and you look great!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views