LapBand to Sleeve

happygurl429
on 3/14/14 1:57 am - Belleville, MI

Hi everyone.  I had the lap band put in June 2008. I lost 100 lbs and then began having issues  with the band being too tight and then too loose back and forth for the past three years.  During this time, Ive gained 50 lbs back.  I have decided to have a revision done and I would like to hear from others that have had the sleeve to VSG done. 

Any regrets?
complications?

was your sleeve more successful than the band?

How is your restriction?

What % of your excess weight did you lose after getting the sleeve?

Any other info you could share would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.  So many of your are an inspiration!

Christina

danixbanani
on 3/14/14 2:26 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

if you search this forum for "band to sleeve" or "revision" you will get a slew of results.

I went from band to sleeve and it is worlds different.  So much better now!  Good luck!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

lsditter
on 3/14/14 6:54 am - Fort Morgan, CO
VSG on 10/23/13

I went from Band to Sleeve in Oct of 2013.  I originally lost 52 pounds with the band but was like you, it was either too tight or too loose and felt that the only reason I lost weight was from throwing everything up.  I then got pregnant and gained everything back, plus some.  I have to say that the revision was the best choice I have made.  With the sleeve I actually feel full and not like something is just stuck at the top.  I have already lost more weight now than I ever did with the band and I feel that it has been in a healthy way.  I still have more to go so I can't advise on maintenance or keeping weight off, but I have to say I am loving the sleeve!!

happygurl429
on 3/16/14 10:36 pm - Belleville, MI

Thanks to both of you *****sponded.  I am really nervous about possible complications because I am a type 1 diabetic.  My surgeon has done 25 revisions and not a single one had a leak.  It's  just very scary to me! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views