$2.09 per quest bar

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 3/13/14 5:57 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

I can tell you I read the lawsuit, as well as the response.  The lawsuit is based on independent lab testing and at first blush seems quite credible.  The response is a little slimy.  It doesn't actually address most of the accusations except to deny them, and then argues against the basis of action to begin with.  That always strikes me as a "consumers can't touch me move". 

I won't pretend I know if they are or aren't a good thing, or even if they taste good, but my wife says some of them are like candy so I avoid them like the plague.  Couple that with what I learned reading the two pleadings and it left a bad taste in my mouth.  Pun intended. 

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

willspear
on 3/13/14 5:42 am
VSG on 06/23/14

It may be just me but I don't think I could hand having bars of any kind in the house except for a single one. Same is true for sugar free pudding cups, the multi packs of low calorie ice cream type things. 

Not it that I ever was a candy junky and ever really went out of my way for it. but if I ever had candy in the house I'd fini**** 

I have a feeling that if I got them it would be a slippery slope. 

carrie054
on 3/13/14 5:53 am

A slippery slope--that's exactly what it is for me.  I haven't tried Quest bars but I bought a multi-pack of different brands a few weeks ago and they were just way too easy to go down.  Before you know it, that's 100(for half) to 200(for a whole) calories gone.  When you're on 400-800 calories per day that's obviously significant. 

However, I will say that they serve a purpose for me, as long as I don't eat them in the house.  I have three young kids and we have a lot going on right now, so there are many days when I am not in the position to prep my own food and theirs in the morning.  I keep a protein bar (or a rtd shake) in my bag and it saves me from eating crap or going off my plan (like when I took my son and his friend to the bowling alley and they had pizza and fries....).  Having half a protein bar is better than eating nothing. 

VSG on 1/28/14

M1 -24 lbs  M2 -11  M3 -14 M4 -6 lb(total loss:  55)

HW:  297  SW:  279 CW:  224

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views