Rough Day

megan.sherman
on 3/19/14 11:08 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I am 2 days post surgery.  I feel fantastic physically. I have very little pain and even attended a meeting tonight for cub scouts.  Water was easier to get down today and been working hard on protein.  I was proactive about constipation since I didn't have a BM since Saturday and took some Mirilax.  But.....

I went to Wal-Mart with my husband and son and the smell in the deli made me hungry.  They made a pizza when they got home which smelled delicious.  I got a little angry because I feel like before surgery, it was my choice not to eat something I shouldn't have. Now, I physically can't have things I want.  

I had some soup for dinner with Unjury chicken powder in it and could only eat half.  Then the Mirilax kicked in, now I can't stay out of the bathroom!

Highs and lows, ups and downs. I guess that's to be expected.

mollz007
on 3/19/14 11:15 am
VSG on 02/20/14

That's tough, I know what you mean. My husband has celiac disease and therefore is very limited in the places he can eat out, and one of the places he likes is a pizza place that has a gluten free crust. I once enjoyed it there and will again some day, but for now pizza is a no no, but I will still go there with him because he likes it and I will just sip on some iced tea. It's doable, but it isn't easy, lol! So I get where you are coming from. Just remember that thiis stage is temporary, and you will eat some of those foods again in limited amounts.

check out my blog!

Gwen M.
on 3/19/14 11:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've had to go to another room with a closed door for some of the food smells that my family has generated.  It's just better for all of us that way.  

I know things will be better once I've made it to the "lifetime diet" mark.  You can do it.  We both can :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

wendyred
on 3/19/14 11:45 am

Totally get it, smells are such a trigger for me. It does get better as you move forward. I stayed out of the kitchen and away from the table for the first few weeks. By week 3 I was back to cooking for the family, even if I was not eating anything I was making. Hang in there! 

katmeowxo
on 3/19/14 12:41 pm - OH

Hey hang in there! Im 4weeks out now. First week at home is hard i had to sit in the other room when my family ate. I wanted to cry sometmes. But i also had a lot of time to think that i made a decision best for the long run. I just keep telling myself im in it for the long run. Im down 36lbs in a month..that is my motivation to not eat the crap my family has stacked in the pantry and fridge.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views