Update re: re-sleeve

cajunlady1958
on 3/20/14 1:17 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I would like to thank everyone that responded to my post yesterday. I knew my friends on this site would provide me with answers, whether I like them or not, on being re-sleeved.

After some butt kicking and consoling I think I am going to stick it out the way I am. The mind can manipulate our feelings, thoughts, and visions on what we think we should look like. This is what was happening to me and I turned to food, basically carbs, as I have done so many times.

Once again thank you all for helping me to see our bodies aren't perfect and that is the way God intended them to be.

Ramona

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Shagdoll
on 3/20/14 1:41 am, edited 3/20/14 1:42 am

Ramona, I just love you.  Keep fighting the good fight and acknowledge how far you've come!!!!  I'm gonna go visit you sometime this year, I just know it.  Work that sleeve the way we need to & I promise to do the same!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

cajunlady1958
on 3/20/14 2:57 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
thanks

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Gwen M.
on 3/20/14 1:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You can do it!  Get your medical team back in order and kick some ass :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/14 1:43 am

Good for you!

This is not always the easiest of roads. Just keep the faith!

INgirl
on 3/20/14 1:54 am, edited 3/20/14 1:55 am

Whoops, I just typed out a long post on your other thread.. prob while you were typing this.. so nevermind :)

Sounds like you got what you needed! Good luck!  

BTW, what I find really helpful as I have days/weeks where I want to nibble all the time.. is a. clean house- throw out/destroy all those grab & go carby foods that you reach for in those moments, and do not replace them.. and b. make up safe foods and keep them in your fridge & pantry at all times, things you can grab that are good for you: chopped/shaved veggie salad w/ dressing , cooked chicken, even a parted rotisserie a week goes a long way for us, hard boiled eggs or egg/chicken salad and a drawer of ripe avocados and veggies/dips.. Have some egg/chicken salad & avo, or veggie crudites and some yummy dill GY dip always ready for the nighttime snack attack. Even some legal sweets like protein pudding or panna cotta or flan (made w/o sugar) are handy.

JenniferER
on 3/20/14 7:55 am - MI

Hi,

I certainly understand wanting to make your current surgery work and I am very hopeful you can do it.  I thought I would just mention my husband's experience.  He had the vsg almost 3 years ago and lost over 200 lbs then had regain of about 35 lbs.  He went to our surgeon who decided to scope him to see if he was a candidate for a re-sleeve (actually an endoscopic sleeve tightening).  While in there, he discovered a stretched out sleeve and a HUGE hiatal hernia which was not there at the time of surgery.  The surgeon believes that the hernia was at least in part related to the increased hunger and laxity of the sleeve.  He repaired the hernia 4 weeks ago and tightened the sleeve (through laprascopy not endoscopy) and since then my husband has totally been reset.  His restriction is back and he feels no hunger.  While the hernia does not make up for unwise food choices, it may be something worth exploring.  An endoscopic look at the sleeve is a pretty pain  free way to find out if anything else is going on in there.

The best of luck to you whatever you decide!

Jennifer ER   VSG 6/29/11  RNY 10/26/11   

Marcia_R
on 3/21/14 6:35 am - Otsego, MI

Hi Jennifer,

Did you husband's insurance pay for the second surgery and did he have to meet the same guidelines?  I'm about 30 pounds from my goal and no longer meet the criteria for surgery (co-morbidity, sleep apnea, high BP, etc.), so I'm not sure my insurance will approve another procedure.

Marcia

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views