Do you eat when you are hungry?

megan.sherman
on 3/21/14 1:20 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I'm sorry for asking all these questions lately!  I'm still trying to figure out what I'm feeling in my new tummy.  I had dinner late last night, around 8:30 and went to bed around 10.  Sometime in the night I woke up feeling hungry.  I didn't get up and eat because I normally wouldn't.  During the day I don't really feel hungry because I am keeping to my shakes and snacks.  

The_True_KayD
on 3/21/14 1:31 am

I find that acid can feel like I am hungry. I had to increase my antacid meds. Mention it to your Dr. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

G5x5
on 3/21/14 1:33 am - VA

You are doing well.  During the day you should be managing hunger out of the equation by timing you meals, snacks, and water consumption to shut hunger down.

No, I do not get up and eat if I wake up in the night hungry.  A little hunger isn't going to kill you, go back to sleep and eat breakfast as normal in the morning.  I assume you're not skipping breakfast ever.

If you end up staying up late, you'll find your normal meal/snack/water control pattern will run out.  This is "staying up" and is different from "waking up".  In the staying up case, you will probably need to supplement with additional snack.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Stacy_WLS
on 3/21/14 2:23 am

I would not get up to eat in the night.  This morning I woke up hungry at 4, but just kept rolling over until it was time to get up.  I eat mostly on schedule, but typically that manages my hunger.  If I find myself hungry when it isn't time to eat, I pound the fluids or find some chores / work to do.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

emelar
on 3/21/14 2:27 am - TX

Probably acid.  Take a Tums, drink some water, and go back to bed.  Or, break your evening meal into two smaller meals and have one closer to bed time (assuming you don't have reflux/GERD issues).  But again, as early out as you are, it's probably acid making your tummy rumble and feel hungry.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/21/14 2:39 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I do not get hungry. I just try to eat on a schedule. Breakfast then lunch then a snack and then dinner. I do crave things just not out of hunger.

mickeymantle
on 3/21/14 2:43 am, edited 3/21/14 2:43 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i do sometimes  eat when Im hungry , because the only time (and that is rare) im hungry is at meal time and a few bites take care of that

there is no problem being hungry at meal time it just reminds you to eat at the right time

if it wakes you it is probably acid and you need your ppi adjusted, or you need to secudlue  at high protein snack near bed time (jerky, string cheese , greek yogurt)

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

LosingSarah
on 3/21/14 5:00 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Since the beginning and still now I eat on schedule vs eating when I'm hungry. The feeling of hunger, I think anyway, is coming back to me and has been for a while. Again, though, I plan out my meal and snacks and go with that. This is what my surgeon asks us to do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views