Didn't heed warnings...kind of freaking out

PinkNoley
on 3/24/14 3:29 am - IN

Okay...I'm probably overreacting. It's probably fine. I should probably just chill out. Someone needs to say all of these things to me.

My period is late. Not super late...four days late. But still late. I have PCOS and my period has always been erratic if I'm not on birth control. In college I would go upwards of six months without having one, but I was a virgin, so I didn't really take much concern with it. That being said, I've been on the Nuva Ring for SEVERAL years. Before surgery, I would take my ring out and in 2-3 days my period would start. Since surgery (6 months ago), I've started my period ON THE DAY I've taken my ring out. Plus I usually start spotting the day before. But right now, nothing. I feel a little crampy, which is also a sign typically (but could also be a sign that I'm pregnant too). 

I know they told me my fertility would increase after surgery and I needed to be more careful. I frequently tell my boyfriend that we should be more careful because things are different now. Yet, we've just been relying on the ring. And now, I'm late. I'm going to get a test on the way home tonight, but in the mean time, I can't help but feel terrible. This is not our plan. This is not what we want right now. I feel so irresponsible. Of course he's taking blame too, but its my body...I should be smarter about it.

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

megan.sherman
on 3/24/14 3:32 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Your hormones could just be out of whack.  Take a breath and I hope the test gives you the result you want.

cajunlady1958
on 3/24/14 3:35 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Relax and take a deep breath. As you continue to lose weight your hormones are going a little crazy. Your body will do weird things as your hormones level off. After my surgery I had already started menopause and the crying, hot flashes, and mood swings came back again, almost like starting over again.

And if it turns out to be that you are going to have a baby, it is a blessing from God and everything will work out.

I'm here if you need to talk or as we say down here, chew on my ear, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

tdallison
on 3/24/14 3:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I am sure your hormones are out of wack :-)

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

PinkNoley
on 3/24/14 3:51 am - IN

Thanks all. I hope that is the case. And if I am, I know it will be a baby who is loved and wanted beyond belief. But if it were 2-3 years from now, that would be better.

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

Lisa1023
on 3/24/14 4:07 am
VSG on 03/05/13

why keep wondering and stressing?  Go get a clear blue easy and be done with it.

My period's been messed up (understatement) since my surgery last March!  it was always clockwork, for the most part, and boom... 12 months straight it's been a complete neurotic event ... when it shows up.. sometimes skips a month or 2 months, sometimes 2 times in one month.   what the heck !?

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

Slim Dreams
on 3/24/14 4:32 am

I'm pretty regular, but I've had a few scares lately, where I've gone beyond four days late.  And I haven't had surgery yet, and I'm not using any chemical birth control.  So even a regular gal can get wacky cycles.  Could be your crazy post-op body, could be weird hormonal stuff, could be the Nuva ring messing you up, could be that, as sometimes happens when you do a low calorie diet, you might miss a period or stop having them for a while.  Lots and lots of reasons.  Until you have a positive pregnancy test, there's no reason to worry yet.

HOWEVER...I know you will worry.  Human nature.  So when you start worrying, just repeat to yourself all the other possible explanations mentioned above, then try to keep yourself busy to take your mind off it.  Some people won't get an accurate pregnancy test until they're two weeks late (like me, ugh).  Worrying can make you later (I might have gone as far as one week late, once), so do the best you can to not think about it.  So sorry for the stress you're enduring.  ((hugs)) I hope it works out for the best.

smittyjen
on 3/24/14 4:22 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I have PCOS too and I have yet to have a period since my surgery in late October..however, my periods were always irratic preop...I feel for you...only way to ease your mind is to take a test :-)

PetHairMagnet
on 3/24/14 4:44 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hopefully you are not pregnant and this will be enough of a scare to get you to have him bag it in addition to the nuva ring until you are stabilized and can depend more on a single form of BC.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

kellie03
on 3/24/14 5:14 am
VSG on 02/28/14

I have always been super regular and right now I am two weeks late. I only had surgery a month ago but I can tell my hormones are out of whack, and I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant :)

Hopefully it is just your hormones being out sync. 

30 Yrs Female  5'9  HW: 310   SW: 280  CW  179 ( 1/2/14) GW: 169

PreOp-30 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-12 M5-10 M6-5 M7-8 M8-6 M9-6 M10-4 M11-4

Most Active