Getting Skinny!!

Aquafinaflo
on 4/2/14 12:00 am
VSG on 02/18/14

here i am at work today(feeling much better by the way), and one of my co-workers (which has failed at the lap band and gained all her weight back pluslooks at me n said YOU ARE GETTING SKINNY.  I found myself defending myself n was like no i'm not. Her she goes, you might not see it, but i do. SO i'm looking like wth, REALLY! Okay , take it as a compliment and keep it moving. N then with an attitude like i told her to go get the lapband and fail. But, to her knowledge , i have a friend that had the lapband 2 yrs ago and looks fantastic. Had the tummy tuck and all, but that just goes to show that some are determined and some aren't. Hell, we have good insurance. She can always get a revision. But if she hasn't been disiplined its still not gonna work.

Hw: 260 lbs / start weight: 248 lbs / SW:238 lbs / 1wk postop:228 lbs  

current weight:  219 lbs   

Jackie T.
on 4/2/14 1:12 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I think it is great that you are having great success with the sleeve.  I don't know if you meant this or not but it sounds as if you are saying that the person with the lapband that is not having sucess is her fault.  While it might be because she did not follow the plan there are many, many people who have had lapband surgery and they have not lost and it is no fault of their own and they have had many complications.  Also it is not as easy as it sounds to get a second wls surgery and have it covered by insurance.  You have to fight!  It is also fantastic that you have one friend who has been successful with the lap band.  In my opinon only, the only weight loss surgery that someone can have now a days and fail by no fault of there own is the lapband.

Good luck on your continued success!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Aquafinaflo
on 4/2/14 1:43 am
VSG on 02/18/14

Thanks Jackie, and yes, it was her fault. She went back to all of her old eating habits and drinking a ton of sodas a day. Even before my surgery, i offered a hand even in going to the facility gym to get back on track because her dr says she has to. Of course, this is just the info i got from her. Now that i have had my surgery and dropping she is feeling some type a way about me. I go to the gym, when i'm at work even if only for 20 mins. i've offered to stay after work for 45 mins or so, but nothing. Eating better has not been on her agenda, because we have a hot food bar in our caffateria. Well, i've done all i could. I have to stay on track and motivated for myself.

Hw: 260 lbs / start weight: 248 lbs / SW:238 lbs / 1wk postop:228 lbs  

current weight:  219 lbs   

Jackie T.
on 4/2/14 2:29 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You have offered and that is all you can do.  Keep focused on your self and hopefully she will see your success and it will finally open her eyes to what she really needs to do to get the weight off but until she is ready it won't do any good. 

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views