Buying clothes

cindylou59
on 4/2/14 12:11 pm

If you are at least a few weeks post-op you already realize, you are going to have to buy some new clothes! Go ahead and gather up your clothes and give them away! There is not going back.

I have had to resist the urge to buy a lot of new clothes.  I have bought 1 - 2 pair of jeans as I dropped in 20 pound increments. I found a style I like at Wal-Mart for $20. I have never been one that had to have designer clothes. These jeans meet my need just fine and are cute.  There is no better feeling than the first time you can actually wear a pair of skinny jeans!

New underwear has been the latest purchase. It was out of necessity. I have grown to love Hanes underwear! Lol.

I am looking forward to this summer when I can actually wear a pair of shorts and not be embarrassed.

Gwen M.
on 4/2/14 12:13 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I signed up for Gwynnie Bee last week and I'm excited!  I figure it'll be useful for higher price things that I'll need on the way down, like the occasional dress.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mollz007
on 4/2/14 12:36 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

I'm about 6 weeks out and have definitely outgrown some of my clothes! I need new pants badly! I'll probably go shopping this weekend and buy a pair.

check out my blog!

DesertRose
on 4/2/14 7:07 pm
VSG on 01/08/14

I'm almost 3 months out, and I just went shopping yesterday at the thrift shops in my city for some clothes.  I bought a pair of jeans, a pair of white casual trousers (slightly dressier than jeans), a pair of tan cargo capris, a purplish-blue skirt, a black skirt, and a new pink tank top.  Also, a friend of mine gave me a black three-tiered ankle length casual skirt that is a little too big for her, but I'm still bigger than she is, so I traded her a top that never fit me right (too tight across the shoulders and bust, even with the weight loss, and it's already too hot to wear it here, so by the time it's cool enough to wear it again, it should be far too big--knock wood) for the skirt.  Next on the agenda is new knickers.  My underwear is seriously falling off my bum.  I shudder to think of how much it's going to cost me to get new bras, though.  I'll need them probably before midsummer.

I'm not buying a bunch of clothes and I'm not buying much new, because most of my tops will work for a while before I get too thin to wear them, but I can't deal with having my jeans and trousers (and panties!) fall off my bum.  I'm mostly hitting the thrift shops for my clothes, and sometimes Ross or Marshall's or TJMaxx, places like that.

I'm going to need new pajamas soon-ish too.  I had to hitch up my jammie bottoms just tonight.

I'm still not wearing short shorts; I'll wear knee-length shorts or calf-length capris, but my thighs do not bear seeing the light of day yet.  :D

NewNatinIl
on 4/2/14 11:23 pm

I have been slowly taking clothes to goodwill to get rid of them. It's scary...a little sad because of the money I spent...but TOTALLY exhilarating!  That said...I work in a lab, so we're pretty casual and I get to wear jeans every day. I ended up just going into Goodwill and getting jeans for a few bucks a pair (you'll never know what you'll find. I fount a pair of Ann Taylor boyfriend cut jeans for 5 bucks...loved them, until the hole that was there on purpose ripped. It was a sad day to lose my first pair of smaller jeans.) 

That said...hit Old Navy for jeans when they are on sale.  Decent price and quality especially for in between sizing.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views