light bulb when on

bytheriver
on 4/7/14 2:10 am - Puerto Rico

I think i figure out something, When i go to the gym and work my butt off, like burn 1000 calories, my stomach gets very sensitive. I also found out that i can go a whole day, with only breakfast. We have the tool, it takes a lot of pet talking to self, meditation, and prayer. if i eat meaningfully, proteine first and cut off the snacking and get more fluid, I should be good to go, I lost 3 lbs from Friday to Monday am. Is like Frisko says, under eat your sleeve, it is soo thru and keep working out. We can do this, so we can!

Lisa J.
on 4/7/14 3:13 am - OK

You're right! Sounds like you've got this! We have got to learn to eat ONLY to live, not live to eat. That also means that you can have the very best protein that you love to eat! Learn to mix it up with flavors and spices and truly taste and enjoy each and every bite like it's the last food on earth. Too often (and dare I say, most of us here) have eating blindly and incoherantly for decades....that cheap way of emotional eating that derails everyone. Fat and carbs taste good, plain and simple. And by eating them on a regular basis, you only WANT more of them. Getting over the carb hump is the hardest thing we have to learn. But it's more than just doable, it's necessary, and we make of it what we want to.

I can go a whole day STILL just on breakfast, almost 5 years out. It's not the best choice however, and sometimes it's plain that remembering to eat is not on the top of your mental list. We are almost tricking our brains, in my opinion, when we eat several small 'meals' a day. Okay our meal is not like anyone elses. It's barely a bite to most people. But we simply don't need as much. Our brain and eyes think we do. It's our job to train it differently.

Keep doing what you're doing! You're on track!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
G5x5
on 4/7/14 3:19 am - VA

You "can" go a whole day, but don't.  You still need that regular fuel to repair everything, especially with a 1000 calorie workout.

The same thing happens to me, exercise = supurb hunger control, but I stick to the daily plan regardless.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 321 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views