Veterans need some advice

Love4sunflowers9
on 4/8/14 10:35 am - Millis, MA

Hey all 

I am 5 days post op vsg and doing well . The only concern I have right now is my body temp seems to drop rather low with no rhyme or reason. To give u a little background...I am taking in a minimum of 55 grams of protein daily and approximately 48-69 ounces of water daily ( water doesn't count fluid from protein). I woke up this morning and my hands and feet where really cold but I didn't feel cold if that makes sense. I decided to take my temp it was 94.5. Normally my temp runs around 96.9-97.9. I thought it was strange that it was so low. A few hours later after having my first protein shake and being up I took my temp again and it was 97.9.  

Later in the day it seemed to maintain that normal range. Later that evening I got home took my temp and it was 97.6 did a few things in the kitchen (boiling water) cutting meat, washing dishes then I noticed I started feeling kinda clammy...for the hell of it I took my temp again and it was low again 95.6. Any ideas what could be causing this change in my body temp? Other than my Hands feeling cold my body itself isn't cold no shivering etc. has anyone experienced this and know if this is a concern?

Michelle

Gwen M.
on 4/8/14 10:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I felt cold after surgery, but my temperature was always normal.  I'd highly recommend calling your surgeon when the office opens tomorrow.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/14 10:54 am

I get this every time that I lose a lot of weight.  It is my sign 5hat tomorrow morning I will weigh a good deal less. I am not sure of the science behind this but it works like clockwork.  I bet you have a pleasant surprise tomorrow morning.  :)

Love4sunflowers9
on 4/8/14 11:00 am - Millis, MA

I will def let the surgeon know :) 

Elina-

going to see if the weight loss has anything to do with it...nice to know someone else has experienced something similar. Day before surgery was liquid diet since that day I am down 12 pounds...will see what the scale shows tomorrow :)

thanks again for the advice and responses

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views