Scary night last night

megan.sherman
on 4/12/14 12:35 am
VSG on 05/17/14

When I went to bed last night I felt fine.  About 15 minutes later, I started to feel pain in my stomach.  If I didn't have my gallbladder out I would say it felt like a gallbladder attack and I couldn't get comfortable.  The pain got worse, I got up and walked around and burped a few times but the pain didn't stop.  It started to feel like a Charlie horse in my stomach and the pain was taking my breath away.  I wound up throwing up a large amount of bile and the pain went away.  I wish I knew what caused it because I would do anything to never feel that pain again.  I didn't eat or drink anything out of the ordinary and hadn't eaten for at least 2 hours before the pain started.

Sandy M.
on 4/12/14 12:37 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Could you be constipated?  I've had severe pain like that before, which would result in my trying to vomit, getting the cold sweats, and sometimes even passing out (it has something to do with the vagus nerve).  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

megan.sherman
on 4/12/14 1:03 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Actually, yesterday was the first day I didn't have diarrhea since 2 days after surgery, which was almost 4 weeks ago.  I'm sorry you went through such pain.  It's pretty frightening.

KevinBacon
on 4/12/14 2:19 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I would call and let the surgeons know about it just in case. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Misce
on 4/12/14 7:47 am
VSG on 11/19/13
On April 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM Pacific Time, KevinBacon wrote:

I would call and let the surgeons know about it just in case. 

I agree!!

megan.sherman
on 4/12/14 3:11 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I have an appointment on Monday with the GI Nutrition doctor so I will mention it then.  I feel totally fine now, even walked 2 miles with my kiddo.  If I don't ask the doctor about it, my husband will probably divorce me because he was scared.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance so for him to see me crying from the pain freaked him out.

pharmagirl_45
on 4/12/14 5:39 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
Same thing happened to me last weekend. I just has an ultrasound yesterday to see I'd my gallbladder is going. I think mine might have been severe constipation. Glad you feel better.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Cunning_Pam
on 4/12/14 6:00 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Not trying to be an alarmist, but you can still get stones in the bile ducts even if your gallbladder has been removed. I'd definitely check in with your doctor about it.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

boymom2007
on 4/12/14 1:07 pm

I haven't had surgery yet, but for two years after my gallbladder was removed I had those same type of episodes periodically. After several trips to the ER with "possible GI infections" I figured out I was actually having anxiety attacks! The physical pain was so horrible, and I would eventually vomit (sometimes continually until I was dehydrated) I would definitely let your dr know! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

boymom2007
on 4/12/14 1:07 pm

I haven't had surgery yet, but for two years after my gallbladder was removed I had those same type of episodes periodically. After several trips to the ER with "possible GI infections" I figured out I was actually having anxiety attacks! The physical pain was so horrible, and I would eventually vomit (sometimes continually until I was dehydrated) I would definitely let your dr know! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views