Changing bra size

megan.sherman
on 4/13/14 11:17 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

I have come to a point where I need new bras.  I have no idea what size I am.  After my 4 week follow up today, I am thinking of going to be measured for a bra.  The thought of this makes me feel as scared as I feel when it's pap smear time.  Has anyone had this done and is it as horrible as I am imagining?  I am so uncomfortable showing my body!

mustlovepoodles
on 4/13/14 11:28 pm
VSG on 12/31/13

The one and only time I was fitted for bras was at Lane Bryant a few years ago. The sales lady was professional all the way--and a previous WLS recipient herself!  She looked amazing, but she showed me her own loose tummy skin. 

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Tracy D.
on 4/13/14 11:34 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's honestly not a big deal, and they measure you with your bra on so you only have to take your shirt off and it's all private.  Literally takes two minutes but worth it!  

FYI:  don't spend a lot of money on new bras because, if you're anything like me, you'll blow through sizes pretty fast.  I couldn't believe it! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

megan.sherman
on 4/13/14 11:39 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

My upper body seems to be the only part of me shrinking at the moment.  I think everything is sinking down to my lower body.  My hip and waist measurements haven't changed in months even though I have been steadily losing.

MAchick
on 4/13/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

At this point I would just buy  few cheap bras because you're going to shrink even more!  I used to do bra fittings. You can ask them to do it over your shirt as long as it's not a big thick thing. I found a few bras on clearance at Kohls for $6-8. Another tip for some bras,  they sell bra extenders for a few dollars at some stores. I use it on my bras then when I start shrinking,  i get more use out of them. 

Nicole G.
on 5/24/15 2:38 pm - Canada

5lbs to go?! Congratulations! Well done!

Opti-Fast Diet: Jan. 7,2015.  Surgery Date: Jan. 21, 2015  Weigh-Ins: Opti-Fast = 315lbs  Surgery Date = 304.2lbs

MAchick
on 4/13/14 11:53 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

At this point I would just buy  few cheap bras because you're going to shrink even more!  I used to do bra fittings. You can ask them to do it over your shirt as long as it's not a big thick thing. I found a few bras on clearance at Kohls for $6-8. Another tip for some bras,  they sell bra extenders for a few dollars at some stores. I use it on my bras then when I start shrinking,  i get more use out of them. 

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/14/14 12:57 am

at some point - probably not at 4 weeks postop - it is worth it to go to a fancy department store at a mall and have a professional fit you for a bra. it's an amazing difference!

meanwhile, get something cheap for the trip down the scale. just measure what your band size should be and guess at the cups, try some on.

good support makes you look and feel roughly a billion times better so don't neglect this and go around in huge bras that no longer fit.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

pugmadkate
on 4/14/14 1:04 am

I never buy expensive bras without a fitting and help from the salesperson.  They are pros all the way and make the whole experience a very comfortable one.  I highly recommend being fitted for a bra, you'll be amazed what a difference the correct size and style make!

pugmadkate
on 4/14/14 1:07 am

Oh, just to add, when they measure you you'll have your old bra on, so don't feel like you'll have to be naked or anything.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views