My turn - ONDERLAND :)

Lemily
on 4/14/14 10:12 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

I got on the scale...199.8...almost 3 months from the day I had surgery! I usually weigh twice, but I believed it this time...I really did (or i was scared that it wouldnt say that the second time LOL)! I have not seen a 1 in front of my weight in over 18 years. I struggled for so long, dieting and exercise, and felt I would never get that pesky 2 on that scale to go away. And, I did. I have to give credit 50% to the sleeve, but the other 50% to this forum. I have never been one to believe that through support groups of this nature, or any kind, were going to help me. I was wrong...about the only time I will admit that too :) Through both newly sleeved patrons and people who are kind enough to hang around and answer the same questions over and over again, thank you. I don't think that you know how much you have helped me.

To all the newly sleeved members, you will get there too. Even if it takes awhile, your day will come. I spent the first/past three months not really focusing on exercising. Getting to it here and there.  My attitude "Why track what i am eating if i am eating protein and small amounts". Totally NOT the right approach. Totally track your food, get into the habit now. Don't assume it will just come off at a quicker rate with the sleeve alone. Physical activity is totally key.

I was contemplating a fitbit for a few weeks. I was thinking it was going to be a waste of money as those things never work for me...ok I will admit it...I was WRONG for the second time. Not this time! Totally addicted.

These two things ccoupled with the tremendous support and outpouring of generosity and wisdom give me a sense of accountability. I finally got to a point where I am totally motivated to lose this weight and live a healthy lifestyle.

So thank you for all your support and helping me get to onderland!

What do we call it now as the scale continues to go down :).

tansey90
on 4/14/14 10:31 pm

Congratulations - I am so happy for you!

I am contemplating getting a fitbit also but don't know if I really need it or not.  I have a treadmill at home (Norditrack X9i) that has incline and decline and all sorts of programs I don't use now as I am not in shape enough yet.  Do you think a fitbit would be a good buy for me?  I already walk on the treadmill 5 days a week for 45 minutes at time. 

Lisa B (tansey90)

Snellville, GA

Lemily
on 4/14/14 10:48 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

I have had it for 4 days and I love it. I was walking every day, but never really knew how much. You get to set daily goals of how many steps you are going to take. It also measures every step you take, not just on the treadmill. The food log is also great. You can see where you maybe need to cut back on sodium or carbs. I really like it.

I am a fad person and instant gratification. I didnt think I would like it nor track my food. I have done both over the past 4 days. The scale has really gone down since I have had it. When I hit my daily step goal the thing vibrates and goes crazy. It's a pretty awesome feeling. It totally motivates me at night when I am tired to get off my a$$ and really get moving.

I also bought the fitbit aria scale to go with it. Both very powerful tools in my opinion. If you do get it, try ordering from amazon or someplace else. The actual fit bit store is backordered on the most popular colors.

Tracy D.
on 4/15/14 12:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go!  Very happy for you - getting into the 100's is a major victory 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 1:51 am, edited 4/18/14 5:55 am

Lemily
on 4/15/14 1:53 am
VSG on 01/16/14

You know what, I have not taken a picture at all yet. I have one from about a month before my surgery. But I guess I should do it now. My husband wants me too but I am so used to turning away from the camera LOL.

MAchick
on 4/15/14 1:56 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Congratulations! ! I recently hit onederland too and its a great feeling! 

Lemily
on 4/15/14 2:17 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Yes it is and Im proud to say it LOL. I have not been in this good of a mood or so motivated in years! It was that 2/10ths of a pound that got me there too.

I guess its all the years of trying to get there and never achieving that was hurting me. Through my first few stalls too I was just getting down b/c I figured i would fail again - no matter what anyone said, even with all the support on here!

And here I am! And congratulations to you too! On our way down :)

FindingMyWeigh
on 4/15/14 4:55 am
VSG on 10/30/13

CONGRATS!!! This is a huge milestone on your journey..enjoy it!

Colleen