Whats your favorite healthy or kinda healthy snack food ??

cheryls222
on 4/16/14 1:51 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

My favorite is Korean BBQ Pork jerky from Costco.  It saved me on my last business trip.  It does not have to be refrigerated so you can take it anywhere in case of an emergency.

Welcome to the losers bench. Life is good here!

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

Waysta
on 4/16/14 1:51 am - TX

Great question......

I snack on.........boiled eggs, cottage cheese, jerky, protein bars, raw veggies, cheese, nuts, peanut butter and apple, celery and peanut butter, turkey, scrambled egg and cheese with salsa ( I just keep a container in the fridge)....

Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 2:04 am

This is interesting... 

Early on, I snacked on protein snacks as they helped me get my protein needs met.  Later, as I could get most of my protein in during my three meals, I switched to eating veggies for snacks.  Now, that I am further out and have greater capacity, I eat three meals a day and skip snacks most of the time.  If necessary, I do salads or other veggie snacks now.  I never snack on carbs, and I rarely now snack on protein.  I see the extra feeding (if necessary) as a way to get more veggies into me as they are so good for us and we have so little space for them.  

Tenacious88
on 4/16/14 3:35 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

The small ****tail (baby) carrots you buy in small plastic bags are made using the larger crooked or deformed carrots which are put through a machine which cuts and shapes them into ****tail carrots. Most people probably know this already. What you may not know and should know is the following: Once the carrots are cut and shaped into ****tail carrots they are dipped in a solution of water and chlorine in order to preserve them (this is the same chlorine used in your pool) since they do not have their skin or natural protective covering, they give them a higher dose of chlorine. You will notice that once you keep these carrots in your refrigerator for a few days, a white covering will form on the carrots, this is the chlorine which resurfaces. At what cost do we put our health at risk to have esthetically pleasing vegetables which are practically plastic?

88 Lou

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

happyteacher
on 4/16/14 4:22 am

You are a little too early for some of these so be mindful

strawberries

celery and carrots with hummus dip

deli lunch meat wrapped around cheese

cheese

Fibergourment cinnamon crackers 70 cals, 12 g fiber, 4 g protein

Kays naturals cinnamon pretzels, don't recall the stats but the protein I think is 12 grams

Fage plain yogurt with jello sf cheesecake pudding mixed in

salad

apple slices

Starbucks skinny caramel latte decaf

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 4:29 am - Lake Stevens, WA
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Thank You

Yes I do agree being on little early on most of what is being posted, but also found a couple ideas I can actually start.

I'm just starting to get into soft foods after day 14 per the program my Dr put me on. and just getting some creative ideas for future reference, get together s, party's etc.

rengirl1978
on 4/16/14 4:36 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Mine are beef jerky teriyaki tender bites and peanuts. 

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/16/14 5:24 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

All forms of cheese sticks - string cheese, colby, cheddar, Baby Bel minis, Laughing Cow light wedge.  Wrap a slice of turkey or roast beef around a stick of cheese and welcome to heaven.

Greek yogurt is great for the protein, plus the flavors of Dannon 2X Protein Greek yogurts are pretty awesome.

When I need something crunchy, I eat a small handful of cashews and pulverize them in my mouth.  

Enjoy!   

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

snowiekate
on 4/16/14 5:49 am - FL

Early on, I snacked on cheese sticks, mostly. Have you tried protein bites? This blog http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ (I think she may be an OH member, too) has lots of pro-surgery snacks!

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

A. Kondrlik
on 4/16/14 10:41 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Early out I I would chop up a hard boiled egg, cut up a piece of turkey bacon and put a little cheese on it a nuke it.

low fat or nonfat ricotta with sugarfree fruit spread

greek yogurt

turkey pepperoni

egg salad

chicken salad

tuna salad

cheese stick wrapped in deli ham or deli turkey breast ( you can nuke it or eat it cold)

As I have gotten farther out I started adding things to greek yogurt and cottage cheese, like walnuts and fruit.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?