Sunday will be eating away from home for the first time.

megan.sherman
on 4/17/14 5:30 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Going to my sister's house for Easter.  I am on mushy solids and don't know if there will be anything I can eat.  Not allowed starches at this stage.  I will bring my own food if I have to. My BIL does the cooking and doesn't have a menu prepared except for the main dish which will be ham.  They said I could have deli ham so maybe if I cut it up really small and chew it well I could be ok.  I must admit I feel a little self conscious.

I usually make dessert and instead I ordered some gourmet carrot cake muffins from a co-worker who is a great baker.  I don't like carrot cake so the cupcakes will be safe in the car with me for the 2 hour drive to my sister's.  Lol

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/17/14 5:49 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On April 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Pacific Time, megan.sherman wrote:

Going to my sister's house for Easter.  I am on mushy solids and don't know if there will be anything I can eat.  Not allowed starches at this stage.  I will bring my own food if I have to. My BIL does the cooking and doesn't have a menu prepared except for the main dish which will be ham.  They said I could have deli ham so maybe if I cut it up really small and chew it well I could be ok.  I must admit I feel a little self conscious.

I usually make dessert and instead I ordered some gourmet carrot cake muffins from a co-worker who is a great baker.  I don't like carrot cake so the cupcakes will be safe in the car with me for the 2 hour drive to my sister's.  Lol

Very smart of you to bring something you don't like to eat.  That avoids temptation.  

I think it's a great idea to bring your own food, just in case.  I don't like going anywhere without carrying something that I know I can eat.  Since you're still on pureed foods, it's not as easy to transport them.  If all else fails, bring protein shakes to be on the safe side.

Are they serving deviled eggs?   I'm making them for a party I'm going to on Easter and figured that's something I can eat.  They're also acceptable for the mushy stage as long as you don't have issues with eggs.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

puffierus
on 4/17/14 6:01 am - PA

I can totally relate I was sleeved on 10/31/13 so Thanksgiving was my first meal out. All I was able to eat was the butternut soup and mashed potatoes I would be leery of trying deli ham if you have not eaten it yet. You wouldn't want to get ill in front of other. I think bringing your own food or shake is the best way to go.  Good luck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

civilmomma
on 4/17/14 7:11 am
VSG on 03/07/14

I would just bring a little cooler bag with a yogurt or small cottage cheese or a small tuna salad kit or an egg you could scramble.

I've been out and about a lot and yogurt really is the easiest thing for me.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

sillymilly
on 4/17/14 9:30 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I agree with bringing your own food, considering you aren't allowed solids yet.  It's only one Easter dinner out of your whole life, yogurt or cottage cheese for this one won't be that bad.  Don't go against doctor's orders just to fit in at a family meal.  Be strong!

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views