Protein Powder instead of pre-made shakes

tansey90
on 4/18/14 2:21 am

I am going on a sailing vacation in the British Virgin Islands in May for 10 days.  I will not be able to eat most of what the other 5 people on our catamaran can eat (and that's a good thing!).  Food is expensive there so I want to bring some protein drinks to supplement but think that taking pre-mixed shakes will cost to much airline bag fee wise! 

Can anyone recommend a protein mix (mix with water only) that I could take?  I like all (about 4 different kinds) the shakes that I use now. Prefer chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors.

Lisa B (tansey90)

Snellville, GA

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/18/14 3:37 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try Bariatric advantage protein shakes, they have samples to buy so you're not stuck with a tub, Celebrate vitamins is another website to buy protein shakes from, along with unjury, they all mix with water. Body Fortress peanut butter chocolate is pretty tasty too but I've only seen it in tub size, so you'd have to put it in tupperware for a smaller size, also because of the size if you don't like it you're stuck with it, but only costs $15.00.

Gwen M.
on 4/18/14 5:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I like the Optimum Nutrition Whey powder in double rich chocolate.  It's yummy.  You can mix it with water, but it seems like you could easily buy almond milk to mix it with too.  Or skim milk!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ms Shell
on 4/18/14 5:58 am - Hawthorne, CA

I like Jay Robb protein as well as Syntrax Nectar 

tansey90
on 4/20/14 11:45 pm

Stopped by CVS pharmacy on the way to work this morning and found they have their own Whey Protein Powder (chocolate and vanilla flavors) for $1.99 a pack (mix with water or milk).  I mixed one with water for breakfast and I liked it. 

The label says it has 26g of "High Quality Protein", 150 calories (with water mix), 8 carbs and 1 g of fiber. 

Does this sound like something that would be good for me to take on my sailing trip?  I like the thought of the individual packs for the trip -- even if they cost a bit more than buying a tub at a time.

Lisa B (tansey90)

Snellville, GA

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views