I went back to weights today...

bigredlt
on 4/22/14 5:30 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

bbarrigar - that's how I got started.  Word of mouth, different people telling me to do different things, etc.  I used to lift with a few people out of a garage.  If we had any type of equipment, we brought it to this person's house and stored it in the garage.  we could go over in the evenings.  we pooled our resources, and information, encouragement, etc.  If the kid has lost that weight and toned up, he might know a thing or two from experience.  It would be a good place to start.  Just remember, weightlifting is like diet in regard to "Eggs are good..WAIT, only the yellows are good..WAIT, it's the whites that are good, yolks are bad, Well, now you can have one whole egg per week."... catch my drift?  It used to be cardio first to get you warmed up, then go to weights.  Now, it's weights first, because the endorphins don't release until about 30 minutes after you lift, which puts you in the middle of your cardio routine where you're going to get the most benefit.  Next week will be another study contradicting the contradiction.  Log everything and find out what your body likes and doesn't like.

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/22/14 5:33 am
VSG on 12/06/12

The kid has actually won body building competitions. He wants to be the youngest pro natural body builder ever. Yeah I want to start a gym for WLS patients just for the reasons you stated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views