Tomorrow is the big day!

happygurl429
on 5/1/14 12:23 am - Belleville, MI

I am less than 24 hours away from my band to sleeve revision. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.  Any encouragement would be welcome:) 

I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for 8 days and the clear liquid/protein drink diet for three days.  My total weight loss?  3 pounds. This is disappointing...truly.  How much weight did you lose on your pre-op diet, if yours was similar. 

Anyone have the revision and NOT lose any weight?  At this point, I have 100 lbs to go and I am worried! 

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Christina

MayPenGirl
on 5/1/14 2:44 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! We all have been in your shoes being excited and nervous at the same time so what you're feeling is normal.  :-)

As long as you're following the pre-op diet don't worry about the scale.  Once youhave the surgery there may be times when you have a stall and may not lose pounds because you are losing inches or your body is playing catch up.  You do not want that to discourage you to eat off plan.  Stay on track and the weight will fall off. 

You and I were almost at the same starting weight and had to lose about the same amount.  You can see on my signature how my weight loss went after the surgery.  Please remember that everyone is different and will lose the weight at a different pace.  Just stick with it and you will prevail.

There are a couple of people that had the revision and they lost their weight.  Hopefully they will chime in.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

ataglimpse
on 5/1/14 8:24 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Best wishes to you on your surgery tomorrow!!! Keep us posted on how things are going.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views