Preop sleep study last night

rumpole6
on 5/8/14 1:01 am

Hi,

I had my Pre-op sleep study last night and I am exhausted. I got a decent amount of sleep but I guess the week is catching up with me. The unofficial verdict from the Technician was "not terrible" which i guess means this won't interfere with the surgery, but I have to wait for the pulmonologist appointment to get a full verdict. Actually, if I can feel more rested with treatment that will be good. The Surgeon tells me a lot of it is probably weight related so  I am hopeful even if there is no treatment for now.

So in order to get the insurance approval i still need the psych clearance, a barium swallow and two more months of Medical Weight Management. It is starting to get very real and scary!

mickeymantle
on 5/8/14 2:34 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

ALMOST EVERYONE THAT HAS A SLEEP STUDY NEEDS A CPAP MACHINE

I had mine sleep study and had the psych the next morning what a terror , the pshch was mostly on a computer and I was having problems staying awake , but I passed it

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

AngloAm
on 5/8/14 2:39 am

If you do need a CPAP, embrace it. I love mine - I don't know if I will give it up post-op even if I get clearance too. The white noise, the soothing breeze into my nose (I use the nose pilows), just put me to sleep far faster than when I don't have it; I've really noticed it when there's a power cut and I can't use it. I never even adapted to it - I didn't bother with the ramp of increasing pressure. I have mine full bore right away. It's a bit of a hassle going through airports as the shoulder bag's strap is just the wrong length - too short to go over the shoulder, too long to hand carry, but it's medical equipment so they can't count it against your allowances.

Just thinking about it makes me crave a nap!

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

KAYKAY2
on 5/8/14 6:13 am

I FEEL THE SAME ANGLOAM ABOUT MY CPAP . I DONT KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE IT UP!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views