Today I feel fat-skinny

PinkNoley
on 5/8/14 5:15 am - IN

Most days I'm so pleased with how I look. Most days I love seeing myself in the mirror when I walk past one. Today is not one of those days.

I don't know if its the outfit I'm wearing or what, but I feel like I look so fat-skinny...does that make sense? I mean, even though overall my body is smaller, almost every single problem area is still a problem area...here are some examples.

• My arms - my arms are still SO large. I know that they have gotten smaller, they had to have, but they still just look SO BIG. It makes it hard to see the positive changes because I feel like they scream when I look at my body.
  • My upper back - On both sides of my back, right below my breasts, I have a bulge of fat that sticks out on either side. This is not new, but when I was fat, it was harder to see them. Now that my waist is much smaller, they are very protruding and it makes finding clothing difficult. They stick out so much. Combined with the fattness of my arms, this makes me look very much like an upsidedown triangle.
  • My lower stomach. I still have quite a large lower stomach that just hangs there. It's much smaller than it used to be, but sometimes in bed I lay on my back and play with it...pulling it up and moving it around. I just wi**** was gone.

I knew my body wouldn't look like that of a model, ever. I know I'm also just having a low self-esteem day. I'm very happy with my weight loss and progression, but I'm just not satisfied with how things look. Plastics will fix some of it someday...but I know that I'm just going to have to learn to live with some of the things. I will be able to, but right now I'm feeling a little pessimistic about how I look.

Thanks for letting me vent. 

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

FindingMyWeigh
on 5/8/14 6:21 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I have the back muffins, too. I tried on my wedding dress yesterday and I have a bit of overhang there! The difference is, I am THRILLED I can fit in my wedding dress, back muffins or no. Progress, not perfection, is what most people aim for in weight loss mode.  As far as plastics, most wait until 18 months after hitting goal because some of that skin snaps back, just a bit more slowly. 

I've run across this a few times on our forum and it makes sense:  You lose weight to look good in clothes, you exercise to look good nekkid LOL 

Cheer up! You have a new, healthier relationship with food and you've just given your body a new lease on life by losing as much weight as you have so far..all good.

Colleen 

Most Active