Naked knees!

megan.sherman
on 5/11/14 11:05 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

My husband dragged me shopping this weekend.  I desperately needed new undies because the ones I had would barely stay up.  I also needed new capris because the ones I had from last year were a 26 and they were pretty baggy.  I wound up with size 22 capris, and they were a little loose but they didn't have a 20 for me to try on.  We went to another store and I was looking for more capris but instead wound up with Bermuda shorts.  My knees haven't seen the light of day in many years!  I don't think I'm ready for anything shorter than right above my knee, but maybe some day.  Oh, and I got the size 20 and they fit perfectly!!!

Laura Loses Lots
on 5/12/14 12:17 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

That must have been pretty exciting!  Congratulations! 

cheryls222
on 5/12/14 1:50 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

Buying new clothes in smaller sizes is such a validation that the process is working.  Congratulations!  Keep up the good work!

I also did some summer clothes shopping last weekend.  I bought capris, sleeveless tops and biking shorts that come down to my knees. I decided to go sleeveless even though I have some major bat wings going on.  I am not showing my upper legs due to all the loose skin.  A small price to pay in my opinion.  Went from a 26-28 to size 16! So far.

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

megan.sherman
on 5/12/14 2:22 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Oh, I have some serious bingo wings too.  My son loves to smack them and make them jiggle.  Lol

I don't have a full length mirror at home so when I was trying on clothes, I saw just how saggy my inner thighs are.  That was a bit shocking but nothing I can do about it now.

Shagdoll
on 5/12/14 4:10 am

Sooo awesome!

Don't enjoy the 20's for too long.  You will be swimming in them in no time!!!

Congrats!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/14 4:14 am - Canada

That's awesome...keep going you're doing wonderful!

sleevingJersey
on 5/12/14 9:25 am

I cannot wait to buy smaller clothes.  Although my closet if full of clothes that are too small now.  I have been wearing sweat pants all winter and none of my other clothes fit...too small.  I cannot wait for my time to come~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views