Body Image

PinkNoley
on 5/12/14 6:30 am - IN

This is hard, ya'll. Last week I posted about feeling 'fat-skinny' - where everything was still fat but just smaller. I mostly feel over that. In fact, yesterday I bought some tank tops and a pair of shorts to "lounge around the house in". I put them on and man, did I feel like a million bucks....in a tank top and cotton shorts. I realized that I was a normal sized person. 

I still struggle with my body image over all. I find myself shocked at what I see almost every time I look in the mirror. Then I immediately have this thought of 'don't get too used to it', as if tomorrow I'll wake up re-fattened. Has anyone gotten to the point of accepting how you look as the reality? How long did it take you?

Surgery: 9/20/2013
Highest Weight: 276 | Surgery Weight: 238.6 | Current Weight: 164 | Goal: 150

Miss150
on 5/12/14 7:20 am

NOT THERE YET- GETTING THERE.  YOU WILL, TOO.  I TOTALLY KNOW HAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE TRANISORY ILLUSION OF IT ALL...LIKE, MAYBE TOMORROW I'LL WAKE UP AND IT WILL BE THE SAME-OL-SAME-OL.....TRUST--IT'S REAL.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Dstc_99
on 5/12/14 7:28 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

Its funny how I still don't feel skinny and my 2 yr surgiversary is in August. I find that when I shop I pick up stuff way to large and then have to go down a size or two or three depending on the cut. My DD tells me all the time I am super skinny now (not true) and that she is very proud of me. It really eats her up that I weigh slightly less than she does but I am 5'2" and she is 5'6' at least. That extra two lbs she has on me isn't showing at all. LOL

So I guess the answer is one day at a time. Somedays I wake up and feel skinny and others I don't. Some days a girl just has to slip on her fat jeans and let it go. Other days I tend to dress up more.

sleevemama
on 5/12/14 10:15 am
VSG on 04/30/13

I can so relate! I still think I am fat util I look in a mirror or my daughters tell me mom you look so tiny! I don't feel it most of the time I have to remind myself that I lost 126 lbs! I am also afraid I am going to wake up and it was all a dream and I am still 266 lbs. I am hoping over time that I will really feel it. Kudos to you for feeling like a million bucks, you have earned it!

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

Most Active