Canceled LapBand Surgery for Sleeve. Alaska patient.

Kfromak
on 5/13/14 3:18 am

After reading more into the lapband, I have canceled my surgery scheduled for May 28th. I have decided to go with the sleeve. I'm starting over completely with the process as I am a cash pay patient and the sleeve at the original office I was going to is 6k more expensive than the band . I live in Alaska and would like to have the surgery done in Washington but am open to anywhere else in the country as long as it is easily accessible. Because I am cash pay, I am not wanting to spend a fortune. The absolute top of my budget is 17k but would like to spend much less if possible, but will not substitute quality for cost. Husband and my dear mother wont let me go to Mexico. Help!

mickeymantle
on 5/13/14 4:09 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

there are some less expensive surgeons in Las Vegas, Texas and new jersey

, shop around but don't forget to add in travel costs

some surgeons also  work on a sliding cost basted on your income

but do your homework and check out any surgeon you are thinking of using

you will not be sorry that you are waiting for the sleeve , a well made sleeve you be much easier to live with and will do a better job of helping you lose and keep the weight off

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

cheryls222
on 5/13/14 4:26 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

Check out Puget Sound Surgery Center in Edmonds, WA.  They did a great job and so happy with their services and program.

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

TruemansMom
on 5/13/14 7:38 am
VSG on 06/24/13
On May 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM Pacific Time, cheryls222 wrote:

Check out Puget Sound Surgery Center in Edmonds, WA.  They did a great job and so happy with their services and program.

they also have offices in Bellingham and the south end now. All great Docs! Awesome support too.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

Hislady
on 5/13/14 5:21 am - Vancouver, WA

I don't know about prices but I know Seattle has several good surgeons.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/13/14 5:47 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I had vsg surgery at NYU and accd to my insurance they only charged a little over 7 grand.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

TexasTerritory
on 5/13/14 8:03 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Congrats on your decision regarding the sleeve. You should love it. Just stopping by to indicate that worked in Alaska one year. Love your state! Good luck with your search.

Kfromak
on 5/13/14 8:50 am

I contacted puget sound and they are able to do consults via phone (yay!) and are within budget.  My mom lives in Shelton and will be helping me out post op. 

Dreamingofbeaches
on 5/13/14 3:01 pm
with

How much are they?

TruemansMom
on 5/14/14 2:26 am
VSG on 06/24/13

having your mom in Shelton will be great! I went there for the first time last month-cute little working town. You will love the people at PSSC. They are all nice and very supportive.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 383 views