Scar tissue from removed Lap band and want Sleeve

Kimmybert
on 5/13/14 8:07 am - Denton, TX
VSG on 08/25/14 with

I had a Lap Band for 5 1/2 yrs and did great.. lost 120 lbs. It slipped so had to be removed and was not a candidate for any revision at that time. Since then have gained back weight and want the Sleeve. I know the risks are higher and I have some scar tissue from where the band was. I know someone who had a leak with the GS and it was horrible so I just wanted to see if anyone with scar tissue later did a revision and how it went! Thanks!

mickeymantle
on 5/13/14 3:25 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

depending on where and how much scar tissue there is they may or not be able to do the sleeve , the rny might be better for you but it is best to talk to a great revision surgeon , that has all the facts about your medical problems

leaks are possible with any wls even the band but they are rare with good surgeons 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

pineview01
on 5/13/14 4:01 pm - Davison, MI

I left you a long answer on another forum.  One reason my band was removed was due to scare tissue.  My band was out 4.5 months before I got the sleeve.  They spent the first 45 minutes removing scare tissue and "straightening out" the stomach to get it ready for the sleeve.  I'm 16 months out with my sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Kimmybert
on 5/15/14 2:50 am - Denton, TX
VSG on 08/25/14 with

Yes I saw that... thank you very much!   Sounds like you are having great results!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views