Update and bad news... (xpost)

stoutts
on 5/16/14 11:17 am

:-(  on the bad news.  ;-) on the good news. Sending you lots of healing energies and love!!!!

White Dove
on 5/16/14 11:26 am - Warren, OH

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Cancer is so unfair.  I am glad that you are receiving good care and have a good prognosis.  You will fight this and beat it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Fran001
on 5/16/14 11:31 am - MI

Oh, gosh, what a rotten see-saw to be on!  It's true that the prognosis is good for DC, but that doesn't make it any more fun to go through the stress and fear and treatment.

If it helps -- my sister had it and is 8 years clear; my brother had it last year and is all clear post-surgery.  Catching it early is definitely the way to go.

EmmyK
on 5/16/14 11:38 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. 

Go kick cancer's ass.  You got this.

And CONGRATS FOR BEING HALFWAY!!!  You inspire me!

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

RoxStar724
on 5/16/14 11:56 am
with

Thinking positive thoughts for you.  ((((((HUGS))))))

Heaviest Weight - Nov 2013 - 264...Surgery Weight - April 28th 2014 - 237

Sgt-Trainor
on 5/16/14 12:09 pm - Canada

I went to Tijuana to have a sleeve surgery on Apr. 23rd and during the surgery the surgeons found a tumour in my stomach. They removed it and did a mini gastric bypass taking 80% of my stomach out. It's now the size of an egg. I'm down 40 lbs now, off my Metformin and Norvasc. The tumour was benign. I was lucky. Bariatric surgery is free in Canada but the wait list for sleeve is between 5-10 yrs. Had my tumour been cancerous I wouldn't be here in 5  years. Thank you WeightNoMore.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/14 12:16 pm - Canada

I'm in Alberta and it took 8 months for me to meet the requirements and have surgery.  Not sure where you live.

Sgt-Trainor
on 5/16/14 1:26 pm - Canada

Saskatoon. Edmonton told me the wait time was 3 yrs. When I phoned them the end of March. 10 years in Nova Scotia. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/14 12:13 pm - Canada

Oh Red! I'm so sorry to hear this.  You, of course, will be in my prayers.  I'm sure your weight loss will help with your recovery time and any surgical procedures.  Please keep us posted and if you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me.

God bless you with recovery and health.

Michelle

busboss1
on 5/16/14 12:19 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

I'll be praying for you. You can do this!! And you're right, it IS always something!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views