Wearing bathing suit. Ugh

tdallison
on 5/18/14 12:54 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Well I have a sorority swim party today and I am not looking forward to it. I have lost a ton of weight and I am proud of that but my legs look horrible. My suit has the little skirt and it's cute enough but unless I wear Bermuda shorts there is no hiding my legs.  😞

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Donna3397
on 5/18/14 1:02 am
VSG on 12/18/13

I know what you are going through.  My thighs just sway in the wind!!!  If anyone knows of any exercises or clothing that can help with this problem, please let us know.  

tdallison
on 5/18/14 1:19 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I am doing squats but with as much extra skin that I have in the thigh area there is not much else to do except surgery which I can not afford. Thankfully my calves look good 😉

Toni Dallison

Annievvho
on 5/18/14 1:48 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

My thighs "clap" when I walk. I hate it, but I'm not going to let it keep me from living my life and enjoying the things I had the surgery so I wouldn't be too fat to ____. I've decided that as insecure as I am about my loose skin, it's better than being 320 lbs. At least I have the loose skin because I've improved my cir****tances rather than being 320 lbs. because I chose to do nothing.

tdallison
on 5/18/14 9:16 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks. I know what your saying. I really am happy with all of my weight loss. I braved it today and wore my suit with my friends. They were all so sweet and told me how great I look and most pointed out their imperfections and how they have body issues too. Overall a fantastic day 😄

Toni Dallison

dragonlove
on 5/18/14 3:19 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Great job - you are nice and brave - I'll be facing this myself later this summer.  Sounds like you have some great friends too!

Personally, I get discouraged at the saggy skin, but then I take a look at the old "overinflated" me in a picture and I'll take the saggy skin!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

tdallison
on 5/19/14 4:47 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Yes the loose skin is better than the fat for sure !

Toni Dallison

MissNexxie
on 5/18/14 1:51 am
VSG on 04/30/14

When the time comes I'm getting bathing suit bike to cover my melted wax thighs. They're a real thing! Kudos to you all for rocking those bathing suits!

tdallison
on 5/18/14 9:16 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Never heard of that. Will have to ck that out. Thanks!

Toni Dallison

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/14 3:45 am - Canada

I bought a bathing suit and finally found a sarong.  I hate the bathing suit skirts they are too short! If I'm in the pool nobody will see my thighs and if I'm out I have some coverage from the sarong which can be worn full length or half length.  

I don't care anymore about my hanging arms and legs...I'd rather feel healthy and fat did not look better then loose skin (even though I convinced myself for years that it did!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views