1 YR anniversary with pics....

ltljennjenn
on 5/30/14 5:06 am, edited 5/30/14 9:03 pm

So here it is. I can't believe a whole year has gone.

I am posting because I know I love to see the success stories myself but love being one of them as well. In a few weeks will be the anniversary of one of the best decisions i've ever made.

I work in a Bariatric office so I would see the people come and go before and after surgery. Some would succeed, some would not. I haven't been over weight my whole life, mostly have just gone up and down after having kids. Then I hit 40 and BAM, I ballooned. Tried to diet as usual but this time the scale didn't budge. Short of starving myself I couldn't loose a pound. The story of many of us. So that's when I decided enough, I was not used to living in that body and spoke to my coworkers and took the plunge.

BEST DECISION EVER!! Don't let the haters tell you to just diet and excersise. Some of us reach an age where that just isn't enough. The joy of the sleeve is that you can eat so little without starving therefore leading to bindging. That is the tool. Of course this does wear off after about 6 mths but by then you've lost enough weight to be more active, to jump start your metabolism, to feel good about yourself leaving you wanting to eat better ect....

After 6 mths you do have to watch things closer because you are able to eat more BUT for me it was not difficult because the restriction keeps you from over eating (unless you want to get sick, if that is the case you need therapy, not a diet).

A year out I am living again. I no longer turn down parties or weddings or anything there may be a picture at. I can shop at any store I want. I can throw on anything and not worry how heavy I look in it. I am running again and enjoy the peace of it now that I am not dying while doing it! My husband can't say enough how beautiful I am even though he loved me and told me this through all my weights but now I know it's true! I love running into old friends and making new ones. Again, I am living. No one should be trapped in their own body or mind, everyone should feel free to be happy. That is what this surgery did for me again. I feel like i'm in High school looking forward to the future.

I hope those thinking about getting sleeved or are newly sleeved hear me when I say, YOU CAN DO THIS! It is a rough start but the pay off is tremendous if you put in the right work. LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE....that is what life should be about, not sitting at home snacking it away.

Thank you to the Vets on here who keep me informed as well as motivated. I don't comment much but I read all the time so don't stop.

Good luck and best wishes to all who share this journey with me!! XOXO

Starting weight 254, now 150 and holding. I am 5' 8" so it works for me!

ltljennjennkiss

G5x5
on 5/30/14 5:13 am - VA

Not sure if it's just me but it looks like the pictures didn't work.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

ltljennjenn
on 5/30/14 5:16 am

Hmmm, i'm able to see them in the post....anyone else not see them?

ltljennjennkiss

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/14 5:20 am

I loved your post.  Thank you for letting us know how you are doing.  I too can't see the photos.  

ltljennjenn
on 5/30/14 5:27 am

Not sure how to fix it, when I look at it they are there. Any ideas!!?? What's the point if you can't see pictures right!!

ltljennjennkiss

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/14 5:30 am

I am the worst one to ask about this tech stuff, as my photos all come out sideways when I post them here.  :)  I should let you know that when I went to your profile to check, they didn't show up there either.  It said that you didn't upload any photos.  Maybe try to upload them one more time?  Good luck.  I really want to see the "new" you.  

dannygirl1
on 5/30/14 5:43 am

I was happy to read your post. Congratulations!  I am in the process of obtaining what is needed to apply for insurance.  I am 225, 5'5" with some medical issues but not a diabetic.  I have to come up with 10 questions that I might have after surgery.  Can you help? I would appreciate it. I get nervous reading some of these posts. I was happy to read yours. Thank you. Denise

dannygirl1
on 5/30/14 5:47 am

I was happy to read your post. Congratulations!  I am in the process of obtaining what is needed to apply for insurance.  I am 225, 5'5" with some medical issues but not a diabetic.  I have to come up with 10 questions that I might have after surgery.  Can you help? I would appreciate it. I get nervous reading some of these posts. I was happy to read yours. Thank you. Denise

ltljennjenn
on 5/30/14 5:57 am, edited 5/30/14 7:26 pm

Ok, I was able to upload them to my profile but still not sure how to get them in my post :(

Still odd that I see them but no one else can.

Hmmm, ten questions:

Ask about Ketosis, seems it;s not talked about much but most have it after surgery.

Ask about the must for protein drinks right after. They are near impossible and everyone panics they are not able to drink them when really it's only fluid that is most important the first few days.

Ask about your wound care. LEAVE THE STERI STRIPS ALONE, they are supposed to fall off by themself!

Ask about clear liquids. It means they should be CLEAR!

Ask about post op visit copays being included for 3 mths after your surgery.

Ask about bringing something with a very loose waste to wear home, your incisions will be right by your bra and pant line, this will be uncomfortable.

Trying to think about the other questions patients ask most! I'll try and come up with more!

Good luck to you!

ltljennjennkiss

Journey2014
on 5/30/14 6:54 am

What an uplifting post!!!! Congratulations to you on your success and thank you for sharing it.  I am working toward VSG and have moments when I doubt the wisdomof undertaking  such a huge commitment when I  have failed at the weight loss "game" so many times before. You are inspiring and make me feel like maybe I can do this after all!!

~Rock bottom has become a solid foundation on which I will rebuild my life~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views