It is official. I was SLEEVED!!

amyvsg6614
on 6/7/14 9:28 am
VSG on 06/06/14

I had my surgery Yesterday morning at 1030am!! I feel o****il I move, cough, or hiccup.. Is is normal to hurt with hiccups? I also had a hernia repair.. Maybe that is why... Anyway.. I am so glad to be home in my bed even tho I was only in the hospital for a little over 24 hours.. I am trying to drink as much as I can. Is it normal to feel every drink gurgle down? Thank you all sorry about all the questions.. Oh and I feel gas in my abdomen but none will come out.. Is this normal? 

skeller
on 6/7/14 9:38 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

Congrats on your surgery!

Yes, everything you have described is totally normal. Some of the gas may be leftover CO2 that they pump up your abdomen with in order to get clear visuals for the surgery, and some of the gas could be in your tummy. Try Gas-x for the tummy gas, and walking for the leftover CO2.

The incisions the surgeon made went through your diaphram, one of the major abdominal muscles, so yes, every movement, cough, hiccup, or sneeze will hurt a little bit for the first few days. It gets better fast, I promise you. Just go slow, and walk a lot, but don't lift anything.

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

Amber G.
on 6/7/14 3:14 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

Congrats! Yes, I was very burpy/hiccupy at 1st. I think that has a lot to do with the gas. Yes, very normal to feel every little thing go down at 1st, I don't pay it any mind now, as it has totally calmed down. As far as the gas goes, the very best thing to do is move and walk around. It seemed to be the ONLY thing that helped relive it. Anesthesia gas and reg gas. There is a lot of new mental and physical changes you will experience. Its like getting to know your self and body all over again :) You will see that things get easier with each passing day. Congrats again on your surgery and new beginning! 

amyvsg6614
on 6/11/14 9:16 am
VSG on 06/06/14
On June 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM Pacific Time, Amber G. wrote:

Congrats! Yes, I was very burpy/hiccupy at 1st. I think that has a lot to do with the gas. Yes, very normal to feel every little thing go down at 1st, I don't pay it any mind now, as it has totally calmed down. As far as the gas goes, the very best thing to do is move and walk around. It seemed to be the ONLY thing that helped relive it. Anesthesia gas and reg gas. There is a lot of new mental and physical changes you will experience. Its like getting to know your self and body all over again :) You will see that things get easier with each passing day. Congrats again on your surgery and new beginning! 

Thank you :) I dont really feel everything gurgle down anymore.. I guess it was since I was full of gas.. Still kinda am.. lol I am def getting to know myself all over again.. I once was a water guzzler.. Now a water sipper :)

Kfromak
on 6/7/14 4:51 pm

Congrats on being sleeved. Mine was Friday also. I have very painful hiccups too. It should start to get better.  One of my incisions in right in the crack of a fat roll (don't know what else to call it?) and it feels like a fish hook is stuck in there Everytime I move. Ouch! Happy healing, friend!

amyvsg6614
on 6/11/14 9:14 am
VSG on 06/06/14
On June 7, 2014 at 11:51 PM Pacific Time, Kfromak wrote:

Congrats on being sleeved. Mine was Friday also. I have very painful hiccups too. It should start to get better.  One of my incisions in right in the crack of a fat roll (don't know what else to call it?) and it feels like a fish hook is stuck in there Everytime I move. Ouch! Happy healing, friend!

2 of my incisions are in my fat crack.. and they are glued so now my two fat rolls are stuck together lol. How are you feeling now?

amyvsg6614
on 6/11/14 9:18 am
VSG on 06/06/14

Thank you all for your replies. I am still getting used to the board and sometimes miss someone replying to me.. Thanks again :)

Kelly Jean
on 6/11/14 9:24 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congrats Amy...and welcome to the loosers bench... it all sounds normal ... make sure you keep drinking and when you think your done drink a little more ... Also to help you with the gas walk walk walk nothing at all will help you more then that... it will get better in a few weeks you won't even remember any off this... and every second will be well worth it ...trust me... congrats again..

♡Kelly

Kelly Jean
on 6/11/14 9:25 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congrats Amy...and welcome to the loosers bench... it all sounds normal ... make sure you keep drinking and when you think your done drink a little more ... Also to help you with the gas walk walk walk nothing at all will help you more then that... it will get better in a few weeks you won't even remember any off this... and every second will be well worth it ...trust me... congrats again..

♡Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views