Ponderings by a Food Addict 10 months post-op

Tracy D.
on 6/3/14 11:37 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Great post!  I also had the same experience of trying foods that I thought would taste good and they tasted completely different post-op.  A choco-chip cookie from McDonald's literally tasted like soap to me - ugh!  

But you are right about being one donut or pizza slice away from relapse.  As a fellow food addict/compulsive overeater I've tested the waters too many times and have found out what I can and cannot eat.  I will tell you that pizza - which I used to love - just isn't much fun to eat anymore.  It's just not worth it, but that was MY experience - lol! 

Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ssteubing
on 6/4/14 2:50 am - college station, TX
VSG on 12/30/13

I feel exactly the same way.  I will eat a slice of pizza sometimes.  It is only one though instead of a half a pizza and I am completely satisfied.

Unique feeling for sure.  As for sweets, they are GROSS.  Hard to believe I would not ever want a slice of cake or pie.  This surgery has been an amazing journey.

Keep up the good work!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/14 3:42 am

Excellent post.  I too add in calories right before my TOM and reduce them once it starts.  It helps me enormously to feel like I am working with my body and my hormones rather than against them.  You have great insight and are paying attention.  You are exactly where you need to be at this time in the process.  Hugs. 

tdallison
on 6/4/14 3:46 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

mmmesser
on 6/4/14 8:50 am

Thanks for the replies!  Keeping up with you guys!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views