Got surgery date and I'm sad

bigabeeb
on 6/6/14 11:46 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Got my surgery date--August 4. So excited to have a date, but was so upset that it is so late.  I am a teacher and because of how late my surgery is I will miss at least the first week of school.  Fellow teachers-- you know how how hard and important the first week is.  

I know that I need to do this for me. 

HW-- 322     CW--203

Kelly Jean
on 6/6/14 11:56 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Just wondering who made the date..... when I wad approved I was approved... my surge made the date. .. not the insurance company ...maybe if you talk to him or tell him if there's an opening earlier you would like it...just maybe you can get in...

Worth a shot...good luck...

bigabeeb
on 6/6/14 12:09 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Thanks.  I am self pay so my surgeon did.  I told him my concern. Maybe something will work out.  I cried at first, but now I am trying to focus on that I have a date that my life will change

HW-- 322     CW--203

Kelly Jean
on 6/6/14 12:12 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

I'll cross my fingers he gets you in sooner. . However the bigger pic is you now have a date of the first day of the rest of your life! !! Congrats!!!! 

mollz007
on 6/6/14 12:50 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

I'm a para so I totally get it. My surgery was in the middle of Feb. so I mad to miss quite a but of school. Our jobs can be pretty physically demanding so we might need more time off than others. I'm sorry you couldn't get a better date, I am crossing my fingers for you that another date opens up for you.

check out my blog!

bigabeeb
on 6/7/14 5:35 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Thanks.  I teach students with special needs.  Do you work with special needs too?  How long was your recovery?

mollz007
on 6/7/14 12:56 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Yes, I work with students that have autism. It is very rewarding. I took two weeks off work. The first few days I was back at work, I got really tired (but I also had to go to classes after work- I'm in graduate school) but it got much easier after a couple days.

check out my blog!

happyteacher
on 6/7/14 6:03 am

When does school start?  I went back exactly 14 days after surgery without any problem.  That would put you around the 18th- you might be just fine!  I do totally get how important that first week is!!!!!  Congrats on your date!  Let your surgeon know that if something comes up a little earlier you would like that.  People cancel on short notice due to cold feet, so that may work out given you are off for the summer and can quickly take a date.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

lisalisalisa
on 6/7/14 7:00 am
VSG on 04/30/14

When does school start? Can you get some help in the classroom for the physical stuff? For me, personally, I was super tired at two weeks out, but felt great, otherwise. I was on a five hour flight at 2.5 weeks, and drove from Florida to DC just shy of three weeks. Walked about four miles each day, too, with lots of breaks. You may not feel fantastic, but it may be better than you expect! 

Good luck with everything, try not to worry too much! :)

teachren
on 6/7/14 7:35 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Congrats on your surgery date. When is your first week of school? I teach Kindergarten/Grade One and I was off for a total of 2 weeks including travelling to Mexico for the surgery. I feel I could have gone back a couple days earlier but I had the time so I took it.

I guess you are in the States and start in August? We don't start back this year until Sept. 2nd.

Good luck!

150 pounds gone for now! :-)  Initial goal weight of 170 lbs met on March 7, 2014.  My 44 year old bones survived hiking 4 days overland to a highest point of 4700 metres! Machu Picchu goal...CONQUERED!