Already hit a Lull

husbandfatherandfrien
d14

on 6/7/14 6:49 am

I was sleeved on 5/29.  During the first week I lost 19 lbs.  I know that a lot of people don't lose much the first week so I felt pretty blessed I had lost that quickly. That being said, for the last two days I haven't lost anything.  I am onto my third day without losing and it's starting to be a bit depressing.  Did anyone out there lose a lot the first week and then lull out the second week?  I am also a bit worried because I keep reading on here that people have a hard time getting their daily amount of protein needed or that they are having a hard time getting all of the water that they need.  I haven't had this problem.  In fact, I could drink an 11oz protein plus drink in ten to 15 mins.  Is my stomach already stretched out?  I am worried that I have already screwed things up a bit.  Am I being ridiculous or is this a legit worry?

Gwen M.
on 6/7/14 6:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Not a legit worry.  It's common as your body gets used to what you've done to it for loss to be in more of a stair step manner.  Stalls are also common.  As long as you're sticking to your plan, don't worry about it.  (Easier said than done, I know!)  

I highly recommend that you check out a site called TrendWeight.  It really helps me to focus on the trend of my weight and now worry about the day to day fluctuations or mini-stalls that happen from time to time.  They happen and I can still see that my weight is trending in the right direction.  It's pretty amazing and helps me stop being stressed about the daily number I see when I step on the scale!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

husbandfatherandfrien
d14

on 6/7/14 6:59 am

Thank you, I had never heard of the site.  I am going to check it out right now. Much appreciated.

HelenT
on 6/7/14 9:08 am

Stalls are frustrating but they are common. Hang in there...did you take your measurements before the surgery?

Even when there's a stall, I notice that I've lost inches and my clothes are getting bigger. That always cheers me up.

The first month is the hardest of this whole jorney. A lot of information to learn and a lot to get used to. Take Care.

Helen

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/14 9:16 am
VSG on 03/04/14 with

If you are upset because you haven't lost in three days, maybe you should put your scale away. Many have three weeks without losing, and you probably will at some point too.

Weight loss won't be in a straight line, and chances are very good you won't lose 19 pounds in a month again, much less a week. 

Follow your plan, and don't worry about day to day fluctuations. You'll do just great.

husbandfatherandfrien
d14

on 6/7/14 9:45 am

The part of my brain that thinks rationally knows what you said is right.  But, some part of me wants to weigh myself everyday.  Just the curiosity of it I guess.  That being said, I must have too strongly worded what I was saying before.  I am not upset per se, just a little bummed to not see the scale drop.  I don't know how to explain it really.  Its like playing texas hold em and you look at your first card and see it's and ace.  No matter how much you know to not hope the second card is an ace also, you still do.  Then, when it turns out to be a jack, its a little depressing momentarily.  But, you recollect yourself and move forward.  I am gonna try to just weigh once a week from here on but I can't guarantee I can wait that long.  Thanks for all of your replies.  Also, to Helen above, no I didn't measure.  Stupid of me, will do it tomorrow.

Amber G.
on 6/7/14 3:41 pm, edited 6/7/14 3:42 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

Totally normal :) I am almost 9 weeks out and I still weigh every day! I have gotten to the point where I do not lose for a week, then the next I do. This is the "stair step" loser Gwen was talking about. I have had three 7-8 days stalls thus far and It DOES get very frustrating! But the great part is, you will start losing again! With you being so early out with a pretty quick and big weight loss, your body is more then likely just trying to figure everything out. This too shall pass! 

Most Active