Scared....this is really going to happen

NurseJackie
on 6/10/14 6:38 am
VSG on 07/10/14

I had my EGD today and now I am more scared than ever about my VSG. My EGD went well and I have no complaints, but it made me realize that this is happening! I am so happy and scared I don't know what to do with myself. I am supposed to lose 10lbs before my surgery on July 10th, but I find myself shoving my face because I say to myself that I won't be able to eat like this anymore. Is this all normal?

VSG on July 10th, 2014

Tlove6
on 6/10/14 6:42 am

I think that it's kinda normal

for people to do this who have emotional eating issues. I do. Food is a comfort and a reward for me and I know it. 

I maintianed my weight during the last 7 months of pre approval and I was happy about that. I didn't go out of control, but I did find myself eating out a little more than usual with that "last meal" mentality. 

I know it's not the end of my eating life and I do recognize that eating whatever I wanted for 36 years is what led me to 100+ pounds of extra weight. 

Tomorrow is day one of my pre op diet and I am ready to cleanse, but for tonight it's Chipotle and I'm okay with that. 

Hope this helps, and for those of you who might be wondering... I am in therapy! Lol

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Brina78
on 6/10/14 7:25 am - San Diego, CA

I have surgery July 8th and i start my liquid diet on June 23..so i know exactly how you feel!!! But the 6 months of dieting i did kinda doesn't allow me to "pig out" like before haha but i have indulged in some stuff i don't eat daily anymore!!

GOOD LUCK!! and hope surgery goes well!!

**Sabrina 

NurseJackie
on 6/10/14 8:06 am
VSG on 07/10/14

I question myself if I am ready for this....especially because I have been eating like crap.  I, too am here because of my eating habits.  Thank you for your kind remarks~

VSG on July 10th, 2014

Kelly Jean
on 6/10/14 8:35 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ok so you know your surgery is July 10th ... pick a date and that's when you don't eat any lasts... at all and go easy on everything....

In the mean time have a few lasts in moderation. . Times and amounts.... say it's a big mac ...get it but chew chew chew make it last for more then 20 mins ...if you do that you won't eat the whole thing and you will satisfy a craving and a last...

Remember this is to shrink your liver to make your surgery easier and smoother so do it!!!!  

I was supposed to do 2 weeks and loose 5 lbs...

I choose to start early I wanted to get used to it... I'm kinda OCD with times and dates lol... I started almost 4 weeks before surgery... I lost almost 15 lbs... 

Best of luck Please keep us updated!!! :-)

♡Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views