Should I be worried?

Kfromak
on 6/15/14 7:02 am

I swear I'm not a hypochondriac. Lol. 9 days out and concerned.

My daughter has had diarrhea on and off all week, my husband came down with it yesterday and then some. Last night, I started feeling super gassy. Before I knew it, my stomach hurt and I was extremely nauseous. I took a zofran left over from post op. Within an hour, I was hugging the toilet vomiting.......amongst other yuckies. My husband and I spent the night throwing up together. 

Woke up this morning and my stomach pain/vomiting and other expelling of bodily fluids has subsided. I now have a fever of fluctuating between 100.8 & 101.7. I was able to keep down about 8oz of pedialite and some water. 

I guess my question is, is this possibly a problem with my new stomach? Or just bad luck with a fever related to my vomiting/diarrhea episode. Not sure what to think. 

Amber G.
on 6/15/14 7:26 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Aww man, so sorry to hear this :( It is more then likely a bug, as your husband and daughter have had the same symptoms. But since you are newly out of surgery and running a fever, a trip to the ER or Urgent Care may be needed. At this stage in the game, dehydration is a real concern, and you are expelling fluids and not getting any in.  I sure hope you are are feeling much better soon 

elizjayjay
on 6/15/14 9:42 am
VSG on 05/27/14

Please call your doctor. Even if a bug you need fluids and vomiting is not the best on a new stomach. Fever, needs to be double checked. Feel better soon.

AngloAm
on 6/15/14 9:58 am

Call you doctor NOW please. Even if it's a plain and ordinary bug you don't want your kidneys to have trouble due to dehydration. 

Need I remind you that diarrhea is the main cause of death in famine-regions?

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

tdallison
on 6/15/14 10:55 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Ugh. Sounds like a bug to me. Poor you 😒

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views