How long did you wait to call insurance?

Tenacious88
on 6/28/14 10:53 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi I waited two weeks to call. I got a letter from my ins company and a call from my doctor that. I was approved. For surgery. 

88 Lou

the best to you.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

acrazy_2011
on 7/12/14 9:07 am
VSG on 09/03/14

I have BCBS of NC and my paperwork was summited yesterday, just waiting on the call or letter 

Andrea Nelums

Laura222
on 7/12/14 9:35 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Update: My surgeon's office told me it was submitted on the Tuesday the 24th, when I did start to call (on Monday, July 1st) I was told they really didn't submit it until the 26th (a Thursday) I called about every other day and towards the end everyday. Most of the people I talked to were very nice, and all said roughly the same thing. That usually it takes 10 days and that the surgeons office would get a fax and then I would get a letter. They also all would look it up on the computer to tell me that they hadn't received it until the 26th. Some were different in saying 7-10 days.  There was one lady who I though was extremely rude though.  She asked when it was submitted and I said the 24th (playing dumb) and she flat out said it was going to take 10 days. Wouldn't look it up on her computer, nothing. Then I asked if there was any chance of it happening sooner and she laughed at me and said, "No, I guarantee it won't happen sooner than 10 days." By the end I excepted the 26th submitted date when I called. I called on July 8(a Tuesday and day 8 if you count the 4th of July as a business day) around lunch and it was still "in review". My plan was to call Wednesday and even if it hadn't been approved, I was going to call the surgeons office because she told me was going to call on the 8th and see if she would set up my pre-op appointment because I am in a time crunch I getting surgery done before I have to go back to teacher inservice at the beginning of August. Well as luck would have it, I left my phone at home and couldn't call until after the surgeons office was closed. But I did call BCBS, was told my wait time was 4 minutes, which meant it was going to be closer to 8. While on hold I logged on to BCBS and under messages it said, (0 new messages) but if in clicked on it at the bottom of the messages page, there was a PDF version of my approval letter with a date of the 8th! Omg I freaked out! I called my surgeon the next day and set up my pre-op appointment. My next thought after all the excitement was, I want to go back and talk to the lady that laughed at me and "guaranteed" it wouldn't happen faster than 10 days- BOOM 8 days! In your face!

HW: 275  SW: 267.4 (1st day of pre-op diet)  Pre-op: -16.5lbs  M1:-17.8  M2:-11.9  M3:-12.5   M4:-16.5   M5:-10.5   M6:-5.1

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views