I need to stop trying to eat bread!

mollz007
on 6/28/14 8:21 am
VSG on 02/20/14

So today my hubby and I went out to a brunch place we both like. I ordered a sausage omelet that comes with bread. Usually I just get the gluten free bread and give it to my hubby so I have more room for the eggs, but I forgot and they gave me a bagel. I thought,  I know this isn't the best idea, but maybe I could tear off a little bit of bagel and make an egg sandwich,  something I used to really love. I figured just a little would be ok, but no. I took like two bites of my mini egg sandwich and I was done.  It was so yummy too lol! Sometimes I get annoyed with my sleeve. .even embarrassed.  Anyone ever feel like that? Then I remember how much my sleeve has helped me and we make peace.  Lol. So I guess I'm just sort of rambling but also saying I guess I shouldn't eat bread. So I guess this is a lesson for newcomers too. You will eventually be able to eat what you did pretty surgery.  However,  you have to be careful that you don't get full on things that don't really help you reach your goals. Like,  I'm one of the ones who is more lax on carbs, I think they are fine and at this point I am more concerned with meeting my protein goals than watching my carbs, so bread is fine once in awhile as long as you can still get in protein.  Lesson learned I guess, even though I kind of already knew that

check out my blog!

Mary Gee
on 6/28/14 8:51 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Bread and pasta - two things I hate loving!!  Sweets don't bother me - but a bagel---I love them.

I read some posts where people say they've given up breads, pasta, etc. - but then I notice they'll have a low carb wrap.  I did that today, and regretted it -- it just opens the door to trouble.  I MUST avoid bread (bagels, English muffins, Italian bread, raisin bread, garlic bread -- need I go on?  And pasta (linguini with clam sauce, lasagne, mac and cheese, mac salad, fried rice, etc.)  I'm going on Amazon to order a special slicer to make zuccinni into spaghetti-like strands, and I will buy cauliflower, and I will get some spaghetti squash, which I've had before-it's very tasty.

Let's commit to no pasta, no bread.    Life will go on!  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

mollz007
on 6/28/14 9:04 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Yes because bread just fills me up too fast and leaves no room for protein!  Not worth it.

check out my blog!

hollyk79
on 6/28/14 8:58 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

Bread isn't my friend either. It actually gives me wicked heart burn for some reason. Once in a while I will eat half a piece of toast but yeah, it is one of those things that I just need to give up.

Sleeved April 2 /14

5'8" tall HW 269.4 SW 251 CW 230.2

Goal?? 160 sounds good but who knows

mollz007
on 6/28/14 9:06 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I've figured out that bread and other carby things give me painful gas.

check out my blog!

DeeNY52
on 6/28/14 10:08 am

Bread, bagels, pizza, pasta, rice all things I love and all things I basically stay away from.  When I am tempted and eat any of these white carbs I pay for it- and not just in calories.  Bread especially just sits in my stomach and feels like I swallowed a rock.  Even if I "budget" for the calories and carbs it's not worth it because my stomach sends me angry messages for about an hour.  And then there is the gas ;-).  My husband send me angry messages about that!

So,yes, I CAN eat these things, but I (mostly) choose not to.

mollz007
on 6/28/14 10:09 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Exactly! 

check out my blog!

Musicteech
on 6/28/14 10:39 am - TX
VSG on 06/17/14

"My husband sends me angry messages about that"=Too funny!

Highest wt 353 (Sept. 2013); surgery wt (June 17, 2014) 336; Current Wt 250.

Kelly Jean
on 6/28/14 10:31 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I used to love bread more then anything.... All bread any bread yummy ... I'm to afraid  to try any... maybe way down the Rd but I'm to afraid of getting hooked lol...  worst I've done is 4 crackers with peanut butter. .. lol...

♡Kelly

DiaMon
on 6/28/14 2:01 pm
VSG on 03/12/14

I kinda did something similar yesterday..... I smelled fresh flour tortillas puffing up during lunch and I thought, what-a-hey I'll have mini burrito with my carne asada and veggies/beans..... Yes the first two bites were wonderful. Then I unwrapped the rest of the food and didn't eat the tortilla. lol I guess I just needed the taste but then I just didn't wanna get full that quick and ate what I really did need to eat. I'm not against carbs once in a while.

Surgery Date: 3•12•14 HW:264 SW:240 // GOAL WEIGHT 160 lbs REACHED on 08/24/14 REVISED GOAL: 140 

REVISED GOAL REACHED: 01/12/2015 CURRENT WEIGHT: 135 (=

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views