WLS this month!

Scarson
on 7/4/14 9:21 am - Canada

I can't believe this is going so fast! I am booked for sleeve gastrectomy at the end of this month! Freaking out a bit.

ginh2014
on 7/4/14 1:05 pm

Congratulations! I just found this website and registered. Happy I am the first to send congrats! This all started for me last week. Waiting on insurance for surgery date. I don't know much or enough about all this. Have been searching the internet. Do you mind sharing the process so far for you? Thanks.

oufanindallas
on 7/4/14 1:20 pm - Little Elm, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

Congrats!  My surgery is Monday.  Been trying to have it done for almost two years now.  So ready to join the losers bench. 

Scarson
on 7/6/14 8:24 am - Canada

How are you feeling today? Tomorrow is the big day right? I hope everything goes according to plan!

oufanindallas
on 7/6/14 8:45 am - Little Elm, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

Nervous, excited, scared, anxious.

Scarson
on 7/5/14 1:28 am - Canada

This all started last September when I was diagnosed with atrial fibulations due to an enlarged left atria. Too many years with OSA. I saw a cardiologist and am being treated. Part of the discussion is weight reduction starting at 356 lbs and due to co-morbidities of family history diabetes, heart issues, and sleep apnea I was fast tracked. Saw the surgeon Early June, did some counciling and saw him again last Thursday. They decided then that I should have the WLS this month. I am on a restricted diet for the next two weeks (1200 calories), liquids for 8 days after that with clear liquids only on the last day. I feel totally unprepared. I am reading everything I can about recovery and how to proceed afterward. Reading these forums bring up new questions I had not yet considered. A good resource.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views