Birthday Over-eating Observance

Rms928
on 7/7/14 12:09 pm
VSG on 03/20/13

Today is my birthday and about 14 months since my surgery. My girl and I went to dinner to celebrate.  I decided to splurge and have some chicken fingers and sweet potato fries.  I got through maybe a 1/3 of the portion given me and I am now in one of those "What did I do to myself?" moments.  It still amazes me that I can fill up so quick and feel so bad when I over eat.  Mind you, I am not complaining.  Ive lost nearly 155 lbs and feel great for my 61 years. But, for those of us who have spent a lifetime over-eating, this new experience of forced control can be a bit daunting.  

For those of you preparing for surgery and another chance for a new life, be ready. Your life will change. I don't mean to lecture but, you will need to change. You will learn to listen to your new stomach. It is not a pleasant feeling to over eat. It's taken me almost this long to realize I need to slow down and savor each bite. Forcing more down my throat is not a good thing.  

Approach each meal as a "special" occasion.  Oh, I know that's a bit over the top but I find by doing that, I'm relearning how to eat and I'm getting a different kind of enjoyment from food.  It's no longer an excuse for sadness or stress or even a celebration.  Getting this surgery is forcing me to look at each meal as a challenge to enjoy what I'm eating without pigging out. Wow, what a difference.

Today, I didn't listen to my new stomach as closely as I should have and I'm paying the price. But, I know tomorrow when I get on the scale, I will be pleased.  Sure, I feel like crap right now, but this is still the best thing I ever did for myself.  

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/7/14 1:52 pm
with

I am 7 days post-op and on full liquids. I learned this evening about a few bites too many while having strained clam chowder. Holy smokes. I don't want to repeat that experience. I was horribly nauseous for about an hour and a half. Not fun!  I feel your misery!!  

Happy Birthday!! Congratulations on your great success!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Kelly Jean
on 7/7/14 10:27 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Happy Birthday to you !!! Hope aside for that little slip up you had an awesome day!!! Tomorrow's a new day!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views