haven't updated in a while...

bigredlt
on 7/9/14 2:02 pm - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

VSG was 4 months ago. I've lost 73lbs so far. I would have been further along, but I got derailed by breast cancer. I had a double mastectomy on June 20th. I think that surgery threw me into a 3 week stall. Anyway, expanders they installed under my chest muscle suck huge butt. Simply cannot get away from the uncomfortability. The Dr said there was no lymph nodes affected, but I still might have to have chemo. I find it out July 7th ( the 2nd ex husband's birthday).  Fitting, I found out on the 1st ex husband birthday that I had cancer in the first place. My boobs were removed on my sister's birthday. What is it with special dates?  Anyway, 73lbs down and despite the soreness from the bob removal, I feel great. VSG was the Best decision I ever made

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

luvmypuggies
on 7/9/14 2:59 pm

Wow - you're truly amazing!  What a great attitude despite all you've been through! Congrats on your weight loss success so far, and I hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to skip chemo.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 7/9/14 6:22 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Hope it is all a distant memory in a while. And congrats on the weight loss in 4 months it's awesome!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Kelly Jean
on 7/9/14 8:50 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Congrats on the 4 month anniversary. ..and the 73 lbs... you were  dealt  a very crappy hand and yet you still remain  so positive... what and inspiration. .. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that no chemo is needed... and this is the end of all the crappy stuff! !! :-) 

♡ Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/14 10:59 pm - Canada

Your such a strong woman!  At least if anyone asks you'll know the dates...is that a silver lining?  Seems like a stretch.

I'm glad you are doing well and on the mend.  I think about you often and keep you in my prayers.  I now know three women battling and surviving breast cancer.  Doing it with a fearlessness that I wish I had.  You inspire me!

Jackie T.
on 7/9/14 11:17 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

You are amazing and what a great attitude you have!  Good Luck and I hope you have totally kicked that nasty cancer's butt.  Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Tracy D.
on 7/10/14 1:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Red - Wow, 73 lbs. in 4 months is AWESOME!  Especially considering everything else you've had to deal with.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you won't have to be subjected to chemo.  Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration to all of us!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sandy M.
on 7/10/14 2:02 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

What a great thing it is that you've lost all that weight and are in a much better position health-wise to battle that cancer!  Well done on the weight loss!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

bigredlt
on 7/10/14 7:51 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

Thanks everybody!! If I do have to go thru the chemo that makes your hair fall out, at least I wont have to shave my legs!! I'll save money on shaving cream, razors, shampoo and conditioner. Everyone comments on my positive attitude.  I take everything in small increments (i. e. Just have to get thru 7 days till next appointment,  etc)  one day at a time, one appointment at a time, one procedure at a time. If I cant fix it now, I refuse to allow myself to worry about it now.  If I allow myself to sit around and have a pity party,  feel sorry for myself, and ask "why me", that is nothing but a time waster and it drags you down. After I was diagnosed and before the mastectomies, I still wasn't a victim, I was survivor.... there is a huge difference.  Its mind over matter. You would be surprised what you can accomplish or overcome when you set your mind to it.

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

Most Active