Day 9 Post-Op and making progress!

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/9/14 8:39 am
with

I went for my one week follow up with the doctor yesterday.  Things are going good and all looks well. In the last three weeks, two week pre-op diet and one week post-op, I've lost 31 pounds. That blows my mind!  I'm slowly getting energy back. Still suffering bouts of feeling dizzy and light headed. Haven't taken the prescription pain meds since day 4 or 5 because they made it worse.  Dizzy =nauseous for me. I always knew I was very sensitive to pain meds and it has been confirmed.  It seems to get better each day as it works it's way out if my system.  I am happy to share I have only felt slightly hungry maybe two times. It is amazing to feel no hunger.  I am happily on full liquids and not feeling a need to rush. This is good because my leak test day 2 showed that I am one if the lucky ones that swells more than most and liquid trickles pretty slow down through my new tummy. It's all good!  I'm working hard at listening to how I feel and learning the cues from my new tummy. I've discovered most things are too sweet at this point. Even Propel is too much right now. I accidentally discovered iced tea is perfect for getting in liquid at this point. I am looking forward to this journey and all the future victories on my horizon!  Sorry for the bit of a ramble, I haven't been able to write much lately since the screens (phone/computer/tv) make the nausea worse and I've been avoiding them. :-). Best wishes everyone!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

bigabeeb
on 7/9/14 9:29 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Do you drink decaf iced tea? If so what kind? I am having trouble finding any.

HW-- 322     CW--203

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/9/14 12:57 pm
with

No, but I might have to start considering that. I have had some trouble getting to sleep the last two nights and it may be connected. I haven't figured it out yet.   I love Lemon Lift tea by Bigelow. I made iced tea with that. Sweetened with Splenda and it was awesome! I am totally okay with just plain old red rose made into ice tea too. I might start branching out more as this may become a staple now. 

-Jen

kathie1212
on 7/9/14 9:49 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

great job Jen:)

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/9/14 12:57 pm
with

Thanks Kathie!

-Jen

kkm727
on 7/12/14 4:50 am
with

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Keep it going.  I am finding that chicken broth is my perfect way to get in liquids.  it has a taste that feels like I am eating something, as opposed to the water, which is tasteless.

VSG on 7/9/2014      Dr Alana Chock                          Consult weight:214.   SW:200.   current weight: