Out of hospital from hernia repair and tightening up my sleeve

msharp
on 7/12/14 6:37 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12

Hi  Everyone:

Well  got out of  hospital 2  days  ago,  had a hernia  repair. I have  been  sleeved  for  2  years,  but  last  year  I  had gained  a lot  back.   Hernia  repair went  well,  and  well  Doctor  was in  there  he  did  a revision and  tighten  my sleeve up  some.   So  I  am  feel  like  a newbie, learning  all  lover  again.   I  am  getting  alot of  spams   on  meds  but  only  helps  to  a certain  point.  Said  I may need  volume.   But  I  really not  a drug  king  of  person  so  trying  to live  thru  it.   I  am  on  liquids  for  2  weeks.  Any  suggestions  on  what  everyone  had  used  while  on liquids.  I  have  been  drinking  nectar and  some broth,  water  and  tea.  

Mary

Gwen M.
on 7/12/14 7:20 am, edited 7/12/14 7:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on your surgery and happy recovery!  

There's nothing noble about suffering through pain and it's a lot better to head pain off at the pass than to be stuck chasing it once it gets out of control.  Good luck.  

I had protein shakes and lots of various pureed and strained soups.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

msulme
on 8/17/14 5:23 am - KY

I am getting my gallbladder removed and my dr mentioned they could tighten up my sleeve while in there. I don't have a surgery consult until a couple weeks from now and have so many questions running through my head. Is it as simple as they make it sound? How long is the recovery time? My first VSG surgery I was out of work for 5 weeks. How had your experience been?

msharp
on 8/17/14 6:17 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12

I  just  stayed  overnight.  Next  day  I  took off  work,  but  went  back  the  following.  It  was  not  that  hard.   Not  like  when you  first  get  sleeved.   Due  to  Hernia  operation   I  have  had  some  other  issues  with  food.   Still,   one  day  fine  next  day  I  threw up.  My  nurse  also  had  same  surgery  and  she  is  also  going  threw  what  I  am.   It  is  not  the  sleeve  doing it.  I am  on  a  spasm  med  and  3  other  PPI   said  it  could  take   6 months  for  my muscles  to  relax  some.   But   I  can  tell you my  sleeve   is  very  tight,  even  when  I  first   got  my sleeve,  I  could  eat  more  then  right  now.  But  it  is  all  good,  still had  a lot of  weight  I  wanted  to  lose.  Good  luck  and  keep  in  touch,  let  me  know   how you do.   Only  thing  I  had   really  odd,  was  I  turned   bright  red  all over  my  body  on  2nd  day,  was  that  way  for  few  days.   Felt  and  looked  like  I  had  laid  in  sun  for  3  days  straight.   But  I  read  that  it  was  due  to  them  tighten  me  up,  and  some  people   have  a  reaction.  

Mary

msulme
on 8/17/14 7:20 am - KY

Thank you so much for your response. I hope 6 months comes fast for you and you are back to normal! You have made me feel much better regarding the tightening up. I was hoping not to be off more than a week from work from the gallbladder surgery and didn't want to tack on more time because of my sleeve. Good luck to you. Thank you, again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views