Breast and loose skin

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 3:24 am

So, ladies ( sorry guys, first part of the question go to gals only ) ...Breast ... when you loose your weight, please tell me what happens to the Tata's ? And any hints on keeping in shape while loosing.

2nd part ( all please reply ) I went on YouTube...all sorts of flappy this and flappy that .. I had lost 35 lbs really quickly before another surgery and noticed it in my inner thighs ... whats the story on extra skin ??

My Dr is saying 20 working up to 30 cardio a day... does anyone find that REALLY helps and how about weights, I use to love weight lifting before I got this big.

Look forward to all those replies !

Take care

Tina

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 3:34 am

Here's the truth:

No amount of exercise is going to make a difference in the elasticity of your skin. Each and every person has different skin and your skin will react to weight loss uniquely. Some people get very loose and wrinkly skin. Others don't. Some people get saggy droopy skin on their thighs, others on their bellies, some not at all! It's really a matter of how long you've been obese and your genetics.

Now, something that can help is muscle building resistance training. Holding on to the muscle you have while you are losing weight will allow those muscles to fill out the loose skin. So, while we can't really tighten our skin as we lose weight, we can do our level best to keep that loose skin filled out with healthy muscle.

It takes effort and determination to keep up on the weight training, but I really think it makes a big difference. Cardio is great for your heart and building stamina, but my opinion is that it doesn't do squat for the loose skin issue.

chusby1004
on 7/18/14 4:04 am - Eau Claire, WI

For the question on breast tissue, etc., it will vary per individual and genetics also to some extent.  I am finding with mine that I am losing breast tissue at rapid rate so the ladies are much smaller and saggier than they ever were.  Hoping this will change for the better somewhat when I get onto maintenance but if not, I will consider augmentation and a lift later on.  Already know I have to do tummy tuck and possibly thigh tuck due to infections I was getting underneath, etc.  If you are considering weight loss surgery I would not hesitate to recommend it but just accept that things will change drastically and deal with it at the end of your journey to weight loss and health.  Oh, and I am doing water aerobics and walking and may add some weight lifting to the menu to help too.  Seems to help in lots of ways but don't know yet how it is affecting skin and sagging.

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 5:29 am

Thanks Kairk, I use to really enjoy weight lifting until I had an accident on a my motorcycle and got a bad back, but that is better and I feel loosing the weight will help that even more and I can get back to weight lifting, actually I am looking forward to it !~

Take care

Tina

slimpickins5280
on 7/18/14 10:33 am - CO

Are you saying that if I could bench press with my boobs, they'd look as good as your guns? 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 10:42 am

Absolutely!

Hell, wouldn't that be nice, though? You can develop pecs, but most ladies don't want pecs. They like boobs! Shoot, I do, too. Boobs are good! 

slimpickins5280
on 7/18/14 11:53 am - CO

Or I could live in a pool. The buoyancy does wonders. Seriously, I love looking at my boobs in a pool. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

mickeymantle
on 7/18/14 3:35 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

have you heard of tube socks , If you start off bigger than a A cup that is what you will end up with

but a good foindation shop will fit you with a great bra that will make you look great when dressed

only thing that will help when your nude is plastic surgery

they younger you are the shorter time your over weight genetics  all effect how saggy your skin will be 

say  yes to the bat wings and tube socks and better health

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 5:30 am

OMG you just gave me such a picture !

Take care,

Tina

TexasLady52
on 7/18/14 6:18 am
Revision on 06/10/14

LOL!  We are always telling my sister that her tata's look like a deflated baloon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views