I have a date!!

wyo_sarah
on 7/17/14 3:57 am

I have done the six month physician directed diet, I did the psych eval, and I finally have a date!  I was hoping for August 5th but the doc is going to be on vacation, so I'm on the schedule for July 29th!  I'm terrified and so very excited all at the same time.  I'm not too worried about surgery...I've done surgery before.  I'm not too worried about the pain either, I've had kids...I know pain.  But, I'm worried about being able to stick with the plan.  About being disciplined enough to eat what I'm supposed to eat and not be tempted to just have a pancake because that's what the kids are eating, or to take a bite of mac and cheese which turns into a heaping bowl full.  Those are my problems now and I'm terrified that the surgery will help me lose the weight and then I won't actually be able to stick with it and everything will come back.  I guess we'll see if I'm up to the challenge!

Lemily
on 7/17/14 4:18 am
VSG on 01/16/14

that's awesome news and very exciting. Simple...if you don't want it to happen, don't let it. You aren't going through ALL of this to do that again. Once you start losing weight, it becomes self motivating to NOT do those things.

Make sure you follow your doctors and nutritionists order early on and stick to the plan. If you are compliant from the get go, you will see results and not want to go back.

This thing is the worst and best Mind Game in the world LOL. How strong are you to play :)

And, more than likely, when you try to eat a whole pancake or a big bowl of mac n cheese (well if you get VSG) - you will never want to do that again when you are throwing it up from eating too much or have the most awful stomach pains b/c you ate too much!

We will all be here for you when you get out so make sure to post us on your status!

Kelly Jean
on 7/17/14 4:55 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congratulations you got this.... you can do it!!! Remember your tastes change so u may even hate mac and cheese ... like said above the more you loose the more motivated you will get so don't worry about it just follow plan !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

saralm
on 7/17/14 6:32 am - Omaha, NE

First off congratulations!!!! :) That is so exciting!!!! Secondly I have those same exact fears! I would just hope like other said that the weight loss will be motivation and if you feel yourself slipping off the wagon we will help you get back on ;)

Doing this top weight 310 current 286 waiting for surgery 3 months left of supervised weight loss :)

yvonnef1964
on 7/17/14 9:10 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Congrats on your surgery date. Hope the best for you.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 221 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 301 views