Nose running away!

reader101
on 7/23/14 7:20 am

Hi Everyone! I have not been on in awhile. I had surgery on Dec 3, 2013. Every single time I eat, my nose runs. Snack, my nose runs. In the beginning I just thought it was my signal for being full. Now I just ate a few raw carrots and it began to run. Do you suppose the portion left of our stomachs triggers this reaction to aide in digestion? I have not throw up very often, but the couple times I have it was just thick mucus and no food even though I had just ate. Thoughts on this theory? TY!

Tracy D.
on 7/23/14 8:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I have had this problem too.  I was told that it's caused by overstimulation of the vagus nerve that runs through the stomach. Any amount of food can set it off for me. It has calmed down a bit now but it was constant in the beginning.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

G5x5
on 7/24/14 1:05 am - VA

I get the same issue all the time.

Initally I was concerned it might be a full signal, but often the quantities of food involved couldn't possibly have set it off if that was the case.  I routinely measure out food and am real consistent in what I eat.  So I had/have a pretty good idea on that the quantities aren't pushing the envelop.

I just ended up ignoring it more or less and moved on.

Glad to see the other response, that would certainly explain it in my case.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views