Pain around my right chest that radiates up my neck?

julielynn22
on 7/24/14 11:56 am
VSG on 06/11/14

I'm 6 weeks post op VSG and a few days ago I ate a hamburger patty way too quickly. I noticed mid-meal that I got this uncomfortable feeling in my right upper chest that kind of traveled up my neck. I stopped eating and the pain only partially went away as the day went on. Then I was fine only to have to pain return when I was eating slowly and chewing. It even happened on some liquids.I don't know if that is a signal that my stomach is full? I don't have any pain or nausea in my abdomen. I also don't think it's a leak because this just started happening and the pain is on the right side, not the left. I also don't have fever, malaise, shortness of breath, or anything. It almost feels like gas pain, but why would it just travel to the right? And be so intermittent? Anyone else experience this?

weeziebeth
on 7/24/14 12:02 pm

Gas, gallbladder, other abdominal discomfort is often referred to the right shoulder. In fact, it is referred to as referred pain. If not accompanied by the associated symptoms you mentioned i wouldn't worry too much about it. It is likely exactly what you said-the signal of eating to much and/or too quickly.

Most Active